[Music] Glastonbury - June 2019

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Has been pissing down for hours here

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
camp high, definitely take wellies and check out the bread and roses on Thursday night if you are there. We had a great night there a couple of years back.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Staying in a b and b about half hour away tonight to try and reduce stress tomorrow

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...not sure what time to get there tomorrow though

I wouldn't rush. [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] and [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] are a bit behind schedule...

Attachments

• glastonbury-festival-pyramid-stage-frame-740x470-740x470.jpg
    glastonbury-festival-pyramid-stage-frame-740x470-740x470.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
I learned many years ago to always camp on high ground at festivals.

I’ve seen novices pitching their tent right next to a fence which obviously was going to be used as a urinal for the next five days.....

Indeed. We had a good spot and didn't come off anywhere near as badly as some folk.
I remember one photo of the portaloos upending and spilling out into one of the camping fields.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Could Glastonbury finally see the phenomenal Billie Eilish discussed on NSC? (No way I'm starting a new thread. :p)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Could Glastonbury finally see the phenomenal Billie Eilish discussed on NSC? (No way I'm starting a new thread. :p)

She is on the bill, so I'd be surprised if not...

In all seriousness though, I think she'll be one of the standout sets of the weekend. Other Stage, final day, 50,000 people as the sun goes down. Gutted to be missing it.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Also a plug for Aurora (John Peel Stage, tonight, 19.30-20.30).

Proper singer-songwriter talent. A 21st century Björk. Three albums in. Will still be around in 20 years, I'm sure.

(Depressingly for us oldies, she was born on the day England beat Scotland in Euro 1996)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I still can't make my mind up on her. She seems to split opinion quite violently but I'm still in the Jury's Out camp. Some really good tunes but also feels a bit too pre-packaged and fake, but perhaps that just is the pop world nowadays. Interested to see how her talent develops, but worry that she may burn out.

This is worth watching, and actually a little bit sobering, in terms of what fame came do to anyone, especially someone very young;

[yt]Cm0MGnuRnH0[/yt]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also a plug for Aurora (John Peel Stage, tonight, 19.30-20.30).

Proper singer-songwriter talent. A 21st century Björk. Three albums in. Will still be around in 20 years, I'm sure.

(Depressingly for us oldies, she was born on the day England beat Scotland in Euro 1996)

Yeah she's great, a songwriting partner of the brilliant TR/ST, Canadian dark electro pop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here