Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Relegation odds 2019/20

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
INTERESTING VIEW

Though everyone under the sun seems to be backing Brighton and Hove Albion (15th) for the drop, I’m a little more optimistic.

‘Be careful what you wish for’ seems to be the common trope, but Albion’s record last year was utterly abhorrent: two wins in 2019, including a run of six league matches without a single goal, surviving with a paltry 36 points, is simply not good enough. And the data showed it in uncompromising terms, something owner Tony Bloom is big on.

Chris Hughton is a club legend, but this was the right time for a change, and Graham Potter comes in with a brand new, exciting style of football. Potter did brilliantly with an asset-stripped Swansea side last year, and he’s ready to prove a few naysayers wrong.

Albion’s transfer business has been solid: winger Leandro Trossard joins with a big reputation from Genk, Adam Webster (arguably the best centre-back in the Championship last year) will line-up with Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy in a back three, while the prolific Neal Maupay will spearhead the attack.

Hmmm, who’s written that article, seems a bit too well researched for my liking.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I know they always spawn their way out of it but seriously, if Palace play like they did today for the rest of the season then they are DOWN. Truly awful and "can't be arsed" awful as well. Absolute shitness on a major scale.

Sheffield United aren't very good but they should have won five nil. Even when they sat back and protected the one nil, Palace were complete dogshit and didn't manage to create a chance. This is a terrible team which has no leader, no confidence and no reason to have a go.

Just a bunch of money collecting mercenaries, pissed off that they have to turn up at the Stade De Clad and shuffle through the 'way too small' corridor to get to the pitch every other week.

It is a beautiful thing to see.

Maybe they'll spawn their way out of it again, but maybe they won't. Either way, they're still the laughing stock of English football. Again. Which is funny.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I know they always spawn their way out of it but seriously, if Palace play like they did today for the rest of the season then they are DOWN. Truly awful and "can't be arsed" awful as well. Absolute shitness on a major scale.

Sheffield United aren't very good but they should have won five nil. Even when they sat back and protected the one nil, Palace were complete dogshit and didn't manage to create a chance. This is a terrible team which has no leader, no confidence and no reason to have a go.

Just a bunch of money collecting mercenaries, pissed off that they have to turn up at the Stade De Clad and shuffle through the 'way too small' corridor to get to the pitch every other week.

It is a beautiful thing to see.

Maybe they'll spawn their way out of it again, but maybe they won't. Either way, they're still the laughing stock of English football. Again. Which is funny.

Oh dear

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I fear it is far too early to write off Palarse. Firstly, they ALWAYS seem to have a crap start, then miraculously recover. Secondly, if their poor start continues this season there is a high likelihood that Roy will be gone by October, and who knows what will happen next (Big Sam?!). However, they look woeful in attack, and I'm pretty sure that if Sheff Utd can work them out at home, Palace's excellent away form last season won't be repeated. Either way, it should make for good viewing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I fear it is far too early to write off Palarse. Firstly, they ALWAYS seem to have a crap start, then miraculously recover. Secondly, if their poor start continues this season there is a high likelihood that Roy will be gone by October, and who knows what will happen next (Big Sam?!). However, they look woeful in attack, and I'm pretty sure that if Sheff Utd can work them out at home, Palace's excellent away form last season won't be repeated. Either way, it should make for good viewing.

On the other hand Zaha could be gone in Jan. He clearly isn't happy

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s changed so much already in 10 days.

Brighton were to stink the PL out with Burnley, SheffUtd and Norwich. CP were destined for mid-table glory.

The one oddity, the markets really do love Stains, despite little old Burnley tearing them to shreds,
But what odds were Southampton 2 weeks ago?

Undefeated Albion have only lengthened by 2 points and have gone from favourites to touching midtable.
Soutampton might have already dropped 2 points to 9/2 a further loss on Saturday could drop them a further 2 which will place them right in the pooh.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Undefeated Albion have only lengthened by 2 points and have gone from favourites to touching midtable.
Soutampton might have already dropped 2 points to 9/2 a further loss on Saturday could drop them a further 2 which will place them right in the pooh.

I’ve got the old odds somewhere, so may look later. Have you got it all to hand?

Genuine question - have the Stains relegation odds held up proportionately far better than for Watford, Villa and Newcastle in the last 10 days?

All 4 clubs have LLLL.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Backed top 10 at 7 to 1, now 7 to 2

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Rel.JPG

Seems like the money has pouring on Toon.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

Best priced 13/2 when the season kicked off.

History: Premier League Relegation / Southampton

Capture 65.PNG

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
13/5 is still big on a Palace relegation - they're sleepwalking as a club. The team is poor, the manager is uninspiring and the club is, well, we all know what the club is.

They're nailed on relegation certainties for me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
13/5 is still big on a Palace relegation - they're sleepwalking as a club. The team is poor, the manager is uninspiring and the club is, well, we all know what the club is.

They're not nailed on certainties. But 13/5 are very good odds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

A bit too early to say "nailed on" but this season they look far more vulnerable than the past 3 or 4, so there is surely every chance of it happening.

That club is a mess. You only have to look at the way our club is run compared to theirs to see the trajectory over a number of years. It's like watching a marble on a slightly sloped table. I don't need to wait for the marble to actually fall off the table to see where it would end up, and it's the same with Palace. They may or may not go this year but the pleasing thing is that the whole club is held together with sticky tape and it will fall apart soon enough. Patience, fellow Albion fans. It's coming.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A bit too early to say "nailed on" but this season they look far more vulnerable than the past 3 or 4, so there is surely every chance of it happening.

That club is a mess. You only have to look at the way our club is run compared to theirs to see the trajectory over a number of years. It's like watching a marble on a slightly sloped table. I don't need to wait for the marble to actually fall off the table to see where it would end up, and it's the same with Palace. They may or may not go this year but the pleasing thing is that the whole club is held together with sticky tape and it will fall apart soon enough. Patience, fellow Albion fans. It's coming.

I've just put £20 on 13/5, and a tenner on Southampton to go at 4/1. Both good odds in my view. Shame I didn't get Newcastle pre-Benitez departure, when you could get 6/1. Those are good odds, but I don't see them as the favourite for the drop, which is what their odds now are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here