Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes of course he does, it doesn't matter one iota what the fans know, none of us stand to lose our job if it all goes wrong.

How do you know, hypothetically speaking that Ashworth or anyone else wasn't saying "we need a right back but, maybe Max Sanders could play there, he's done it in training and looked good". So Potter waits to have a look, maybe even agrees, then try's him in a couple of friendlies and thinks nah, we definitely do need to buy a right back. You dont, none of us do.

But he would be extremely foolish not to make his own mind up and instead listen to a load of precious gobshites on a message board.

In this case, I would be quite confident as a precious gobshite on a messageboard of letting Potter know that Max Sanders is not a right back.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Surely the release list was settled before CH went and with the expert help of Ashworth squad weakness had been identified by him, as it was stated prior to CH going he was to head up recruitment this summer. So I agree with you that would have been 4 weeks wasted

4 weeks of possibly getting it wrong, whatever was agreed prior to last season may have changed when Potter came in and brought his own head of recruitment to work alongside Ashworth, Winstanley et al. Whoever they identify will be under the guidance of what Potter thinks is needed to do the job.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In this case, I would be quite confident as a precious gobshite on a messageboard of letting Potter know that Max Sanders is not a right back.

Choose me.....

Not a RB not fast enough, I would also question that he has done well.

A very good young midfielder IMO....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Sorry, my mistake, ididn't realise you took the youngsters training every day ffs, there are plenty of kids who start in one position but somebody spots their potential in another and they make it, Wan Bissaka has just moved to Man U as a right back, after starting life at Palace as a right winger.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sorry, my mistake, ididn't realise you took the youngsters training every day ffs, there are plenty of kids who start in one position but somebody spots their potential in another and they make it, Wan Bissaka has just moved to Man U as a right back, after starting life at Palace as a right winger.

I've played football, managed football and watched football my whole life. No I don't see him in training but I've watched him play a number of times, enough to give an opinion with confidence.

Just a gobshite on a messageboard though, like you. Seems little point in chipping in with opinions if the one and only answer is that the club are doing everything exactly 100% right at all times.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I've played football, managed football and watched football my whole life. No I don't see him in training but I've watched him play a number of times, enough to give an opinion with confidence.

Just a gobshite on a messageboard though, like you. Seems little point in chipping in with opinions if the one and only answer is that the club are doing everything exactly 100% right at all times.

Yes we are all just gobshites on a messageboard, that really is the case and wasn't specifically aimed at you, sorry if you've taken it that way, but some are getting their knickers in a twist way too much because there is only a couple of weeks left of the window. Its the same every season.

Last season before deadline day, Bruno was being backed up by Bernardo and Bong and Suttner were competing for left back, then on the last day we signed Montoya, lots can change in a very short space of time.

As for your football credentials, then you should be aware that youngsters are tried in different positions all the time to see how they cope with a different position, some can some cant, but you dont know until you try, somebody at Brighton obviously saw something in Sanders to suggest, out of the 50 odd players we have at first team, u23 and u18 level that he was worth having a look at.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You are a very angry old man!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not sure on needed a center midfielder as others have asked for. Reason I say that is if we're lining up in a 4-2-3-1 then we need two CMs, we currently have Bissouma, Propper and Stephens there, and I truly believe by January that depth order looks closer to: Propper, Bissouma, Baluta, Stephens, Kayal. Propper can play a 10 and we know Solly, AJ and Trossard all can too, we might be good enough there. A midfield two under Potter of Yves and Davy is going to be a top 12 midfield duo. IMO. Desperately need a right back and a striker though, Glenn will not last long as a Potter striker.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Not sure on needed a center midfielder as others have asked for. Reason I say that is if we're lining up in a 4-2-3-1 then we need two CMs, we currently have Bissouma, Propper and Stephens there, and I truly believe by January that depth order looks closer to: Propper, Bissouma, Baluta, Stephens, Kayal. Propper can play a 10 and we know Solly, AJ and Trossard all can too, we might be good enough there. A midfield two under Potter of Yves and Davy is going to be a top 12 midfield duo. IMO. Desperately need a right back and a striker though, Glenn will not last long as a Potter striker.

We need to move Kayal on and replace him IMO. Baluta/Alzate could be the replacement though.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We need to move Kayal on and replace him IMO. Baluta/Alzate could be the replacement though.

I still think Isaac Hayden would be an ideal signing. But yes, we would need to sell Kayal to make room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here