Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] British IS Girl wanting to return to the UK

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Indeed. Look here, "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

or "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die"

Oh, sorry, those are from the Bible - that's what Christians believe

Oh dear,let's all change to the religion of peace,and kill everybody else.Sunni's only.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. Look here, "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."

or "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die"

Oh, sorry, those are from the Bible - that's what Christians believe
Both equally backward. A fundamental difference however, is that the Quran is believed (by Muslims) to be the direct word of god, and so the extreme parts are still preached by many Imams, whereas the Bible was written by a collection of Christian authors and supposed prophets (if you asked Christians today who wrote the Bible, they'd give different answers), and Priests don't tend to preach the backward values you quoted.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Both equally backward. A fundamental difference however, is that the Quran is believed (by Muslims) to be the direct word of god, and so the extreme parts are still preached by many Imams, whereas the Bible was written by a collection of Christian authors and supposed prophets (if you asked Christians today who wrote the Bible, they'd give different answers), and Priests don't tend to preach the backward values you quoted.
Most Christians believe that the whole bible is the word of God revealed through various people. In that radical hotbed of fundamentalism, The Church of England, almost all scripture readings are finished by the reader saying "This is the word of the Lord" and the congregation reply, "Thanks be to God." How this is interpreted is a whole different thing, as it is in Islam.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most Christians believe that the whole bible is the word of God revealed through various people. In that radical hotbed of fundamentalism, The Church of England, almost all scripture readings are finished by the reader saying "This is the word of the Lord" and the congregation reply, "Thanks be to God." How this is interpreted is a whole different thing, as it is in Islam.
Some of the Bible is not even supposed to be the word of god, some of it is descriptions of things that are claimed happened (eg, the work of Jesus), as told by witnesses, not as told by god. Not all churches us the 'This is the word of the Lord' ending (it's also a relatively modern tradition).

Even those parts that are supposed to be direct from God, they are Gods message interpreted by an author. The Quran is different. Muslims believe there is only one Quran (there isn't) and that every single word is identical to that spoken by god.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Don't know if this is bollocks , it is from the Sun though .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8450050/shamima-begum-isis-named-baby-jarrah-husband/

ISIS bride Shamima Begum names baby son Jarrah ‘after barbaric jihadi warlord who massacred Jews’ at the request of her terrorist husband

She told Sky News: "It's a boy. I named him after my old son [who died] - that's what my husband wanted."

Although Begum has urged her family in the UK, who she ran away from in 2015, to not “give up on trying to get me back”, it emerged yesterday that she has named the child Jarrah.

David Vance, of AltNewsMedia, wrote in response: “Begum named her son ‘Jarrah’ as she says [that’s what] her ISIS terrorist husband wanted.

“The obscure name comes from a jihad warlord named ‘Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah’ who launched a massacre of the entire Jewish population in Khaybar, over 1,300 years ago.

“She is an unrepentant terrorist concubine who must not be allowed back to the UK.”

There was also debate over her choice of baby’s name on Twitter.

Historian and author Tom Holland suggested: “If she’d wanted to signal that she was returning to Britain in peace, she might have considered naming her baby after someone other than Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah.

“[He was] a general from the early days of the Arab conquests chiefly famed for beating the c*** out of infidels.”

According to Radio Islam, al-Jarrah was a merchant who was “one of the ten companions of the Prophet Muhammad who were promised Paradise as mentioned in early Islamic historical accounts and records.

“He remained commander of a large section of Muslim armies during the time of the Caliph ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab RA and was on the list of Umar’s appointed successors to the Caliphate.”

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some of the Bible is not even supposed to be the word of god, some of it is descriptions of things that are claimed happened (eg, the work of Jesus), as told by witnesses, not as told by god.

It works in reverse though, For example, there is nothing in Jesus's teaching that proscribes homosexuality - the only mentions are in Paul's epistles about "those who defile themselves with mankind". Jesus says absolutely zilch on the subject, so it's certainly not the 'word of God' (whatever that is).

But that doesn't stop Christian bakers and guesthouse owners say that being gay is an affront to their Christian belief.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
:ffsparr: That's the most idiotic and prejudiced thing I have seen written on here for quite a while.

I know plenty of moderate Muslims.
The most idiotic thing is what you have just posted. A true Muslim will follow the teachings of Islam. Maybe you need to educate yourself ? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Watch this must see video of an ex Turkish Muslim who was very deep into his religion before leaving Islam. This bloke knows more than anyone i know on this subject. This Turk is one of my favorite Youtubers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0EAZ0enmZg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
See Western Turkey for moderate Islam.

I'm more worried about the moderate view in the UK tbh:

https://youtu.be/TdDrwRyiNpE

Muslims have to believe that everything Muhammad did was moral as a condition to being a Muslim, and that the the Quran, Hadiths and Sunnah are infallible.

They have to psychologically normalise things that can never be. The apologetics on child brides and consent is a fascinating example, but only scratches the surface, and the people fighting this ideology on the front line are doing a great service to the country.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Don't know if this is bollocks , it is from the Sun though .

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8450050/shamima-begum-isis-named-baby-jarrah-husband/

ISIS bride Shamima Begum names baby son Jarrah ‘after barbaric jihadi warlord who massacred Jews’ at the request of her terrorist husband

She told Sky News: "It's a boy. I named him after my old son [who died] - that's what my husband wanted."

Although Begum has urged her family in the UK, who she ran away from in 2015, to not “give up on trying to get me back”, it emerged yesterday that she has named the child Jarrah.

David Vance, of AltNewsMedia, wrote in response: “Begum named her son ‘Jarrah’ as she says [that’s what] her ISIS terrorist husband wanted.

“The obscure name comes from a jihad warlord named ‘Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah’ who launched a massacre of the entire Jewish population in Khaybar, over 1,300 years ago.

“She is an unrepentant terrorist concubine who must not be allowed back to the UK.”

There was also debate over her choice of baby’s name on Twitter.

Historian and author Tom Holland suggested: “If she’d wanted to signal that she was returning to Britain in peace, she might have considered naming her baby after someone other than Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah.

“[He was] a general from the early days of the Arab conquests chiefly famed for beating the c*** out of infidels.”

According to Radio Islam, al-Jarrah was a merchant who was “one of the ten companions of the Prophet Muhammad who were promised Paradise as mentioned in early Islamic historical accounts and records.

“He remained commander of a large section of Muslim armies during the time of the Caliph ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab RA and was on the list of Umar’s appointed successors to the Caliphate.”

That is bad. Bit like naming your son Winston or Richard (Lionheart).

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The most idiotic thing is what you have just posted. A true Muslim will follow the teachings of Islam. Maybe you need to educate yourself ? You have no idea what you are talking about.

Watch this must see video of an ex Turkish Muslim who was very deep into his religion before leaving Islam. This bloke knows more than anyone i know on this subject. This Turk is one of my favorite Youtubers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0EAZ0enmZg

I've subscribed to The Apostate Prophet.. I always take note of what ex Muslims say but even they are accused of being Islamaphobes. Too much attention is put on Tommy Robinson and maybe that is the intention by the Alt Left.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I've subscribed to The Apostate Prophet.. I always take note of what ex Muslims say but even they are accused of being Islamaphobes. Too much attention is put on Tommy Robinson and maybe that is the intention by the Alt Left.

This guy is great. Knows his stuff.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Iconoclast is probably my favorite Youtuber . Check him out. [MENTION=14905]symyjym[/MENTION]

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Iconoclast is probably my favorite Youtuber . Check him out. [MENTION=14905]symyjym[/MENTION]

Haven't come across them but will check it out.

I keep up to date with debates in Speakers Corner and Kalam from TITANS TV is a good channel to keep an eye on. He sometimes gets death threats but he is very smart the way he deals with it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBYiM-P8lc6oT174EhwW7ew

There are few other channels that cover what is going on but he knows the Quran and scriptures better than the average Muslim, and tackles their theology head on.

I see Speakers Corner as being the front line melting pot in a battle of wills in the UK. Lots of extreme views from moderate Muslims so this ISIS woman would feel very much at home.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
She's a terrorist, and should get the appropriate punishment.

Yes she is radicalised but what evidence have you uncovered to suggest that she is a terrorist (using the standard and accepted definition below).

Terrorist
/ˈtɛrərɪst/Submit
noun
a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It works in reverse though, For example, there is nothing in Jesus's teaching that proscribes homosexuality - the only mentions are in Paul's epistles about "those who defile themselves with mankind". Jesus says absolutely zilch on the subject, so it's certainly not the 'word of God' (whatever that is).

But that doesn't stop Christian bakers and guesthouse owners say that being gay is an affront to their Christian belief.
Christians around the world have their own take on things. That helps when avoiding some of the more disgusting text in the Bible. It's not so easy to ignore it if you're a Muslim though, as you really believe it's what god says. Bonkers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wasn't the bible written some 300 years after the death of this bloke called JC? With nothing to go on but chinese whispers in those days, can the bible not be seen as a load of bollocks? Same with the Quaran. Religion is a total load of hogwash and those that follow it basically need to be lead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here