Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley tickets on sale behind South Stand goal

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really? I drove from Northants and back without incident! Well, there was a crash on the M1 in the evening but I think that was just the usual motorway stupidity rather than the weather.

Driving from Northants on motorways isn't the same as negotiating country lanes in East Sussex which have had four inches of snow. An Nsc stalwart couldn't even get out of his lane to the main road on Saturday morning.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What do you suggest?
I suggest Barber spends less time composing salty press releases and takes a chance to do something for the benefit of ordinary fans.

Not too much to ask, is it?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What, to agree to a thread title suggesting it was pay on the gate for at least 1 turnstile at that end?
Are you imagining a bloke in a cloth cap collecting cash at said "turnstile"...? :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I suggest Barber spends less time composing salty press releases and takes a chance to do something for the benefit of ordinary fans.

Not too much to ask, is it?

I reckon he does a pretty good job..sounds to me you are just fancy any excuse for a moan...for the sake of it sunshine.

So apart from slagging off, any ideas?..they might welcome your imagination

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I reckon he does a pretty good job..sounds to me you are just fancy any excuse for a moan...for the sake of it sunshine
Glad you're happy, sunshine. Just seems a bit of a shame to me that supply and demand normally keeps prices stupidly high at The Amex and here is a rare chance to do something different that will be ignored.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Glad you're happy, sunshine. Just seems a bit of a shame to me that supply and demand normally keeps prices stupidly high at The Amex and here is a rare chance to do something different that will be ignored.

£30 adults/£15 U18s including travel isn’t bad. If they do a last-minute price reduction now it’ll piss off everyone who bought a ticket at full price.

Should offer a load to local schools etc on Friday if there’s a ton left perhaps ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
£30 adults/£15 U18s including travel isn’t bad. If they do a last-minute price reduction now it’ll piss off everyone who bought a ticket at full price.

Should offer a load to local schools etc on Friday if there’s a ton left perhaps ?

Ah ..imagination

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well they've given 10 tickets to University of Brighton to give to staff. It's a start.

Agree with [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] that heavy discounting of these tickets now would be counterproductive. Answer seems to be one off giveaways to local charities, NHS, emergency services, schools and sports clubs etc - hopefully that is happening to some extent.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I sat next to the Burnley fans in the South last year. It's crap. They sang some Northern song that made my ears bleed for 15 minutes, I was positioned next to 2 tourists and you can see next to nothing at the other end of the pitch - not that there was anything to see. There's a world of difference between the viewing experiences at the AMEX and I can understand the thanks but no thanks attitude for repeat buying in that spot.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I sat next to the Burnley fans in the South last year. It's crap. They sang some Northern song that made my ears bleed for 15 minutes, I was positioned next to 2 tourists and you can see next to nothing at the other end of the pitch - not that there was anything to see. There's a world of difference between the viewing experiences at the AMEX and I can understand the thanks but no thanks attitude for repeat buying in that spot.

Wouldn't the view have the same impact were you in the Norff, ie. nothing at t'other end of the pitch?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lovely bit of spin from Barber this morning about how he's generously giving away the tickets confiscated from besmirchers.

If, as is likely, this is limited to a very few tickets then it seems like some pretty cynical cheap PR just on the day when the club could have been doing something much more meaningful with local charities involving hundreds of tickets for the Burnley game...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Wouldn't the view have the same impact were you in the Norff, ie. nothing at t'other end of the pitch?

True but there is an atmosphere in the Norf which is lacking in the Sarf stand especially against teams that bring one man and his whippet.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Brighton & Hove Albion are turning a negative into a positive by donating tickets reclaimed from anti-social fans to local children, who otherwise might not have the chance to watch Premier League football.

The club has made a number of tickets available to children via the Rocking Horse Children’s Charity, Extratime – a charity that works with children and young people with disabilities in Brighton & Hove – and by working with Brighton & Hove City Council’s fostering services.

The tickets are those which have been reclaimed from fans who’ve been excluded from the stadium due to anti-social behaviour, although the club has re-allocated the seats within the stadium.

Chief executive and deputy chairman, Paul Barber, commented, “We have no desire whatsoever to profit from the unacceptable and anti-social behaviour of a small number of people by re-selling the tickets we have confiscated from them.

“We do however want to put the seats they have vacated to good use throughout the remainder of this season – and, in particular, to give local kids the chance to see Brighton & Hove Albion play Premier League football, who might not otherwise have had that opportunity.

“We felt this was an ideal way to turn a negative into a positive and to continue to fill the Amex with as many young fans as possible as often as possible. We are delighted to work with Rocking Horse, Extratime and the City Council, who all do great work with local kids, to make this happen.”

The move has been welcomed by the three local organisations and Extratime chief executive Sam Price said, “We’re so grateful to the Albion for offering tickets for some of our families to attend matches.

“The club have been really accommodating to ensure the young people we support, who have a range of disabilities and additional needs, can enjoy the match day experience, by ensuring wheelchair spaces are available and organising access to the new Inclusion Room.

“Lots of the young people who come to Extratime’s clubs and holiday schemes are big Seagulls fans and they are really excited to have the opportunity to attend a match.

“We’d like to thank the club and Albion in the Community for their continued support of Extratime and wish the team good luck for the game tonight!”

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Brighton & Hove Albion are turning a negative into a positive by donating tickets reclaimed from anti-social fans to local children, who otherwise might not have the chance to watch Premier League football.

The club has made a number of tickets available to children via the Rocking Horse Children’s Charity, Extratime – a charity that works with children and young people with disabilities in Brighton & Hove – and by working with Brighton & Hove City Council’s fostering services...

What a heart-warming story.

#together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here