Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm all for a cashless system but am just waiting for the day when an IT issue pops up and all of a sudden no payments can be taken. Can't see then wanting to take 20,000 IOU's for food and drink 'We'll pay at the next game'....

I know it's unlikely but I will still always keep a few notes on me anyway, just in case.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It’s a shame we can’t have a fans forum, followed by another fans forum where absolute ****ing retards aren’t allowed to ask questions.

The embarrassing thing is that Bloom, Potter etc. must think that the questions coming are representative of our fanbase, rather than being from a select group of imbeciles.

What question did you ask last night to break the monotony?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I’m sure we can’t be the only group who goes to games and will have a whip?

Why do we need to go cashless? Just accept both and keep everyone happy. Don’t buy that it slows things down. As others have said its the temporary staff that work once a fortnight that are the issue.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
coffees and food slow things down , dedicated beer queue with someone constantly pouring pints.

Not rocket science

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m sure we can’t be the only group who goes to games and will have a whip?

Why do we need to go cashless? Just accept both and keep everyone happy. Don’t buy that it slows things down. As others have said its the temporary staff that work once a fortnight that are the issue.

How so ? 'Tap card - done' is massively faster than....get money out (if a female, purse will likely still be in handbag at this point), select right notes (or worse, EXACT change - or 'oooh, hang on, I've got the 75p - after the server has entered £20 tendered), hand over notes/coin, wait for undertrained/hungover student minimum wage-slave to count cash, enter amount received into till, count out change, hand over change (slowly, as carefully making sure it's correct)............

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It’s a shame we can’t have a fans forum, followed by another fans forum where absolute ****ing retards aren’t allowed to ask questions.

The embarrassing thing is that Bloom, Potter etc. must think that the questions coming are representative of our fanbase, rather than being from a select group of imbeciles.

It’s the same characters that attend this event, did I imagine or was there a trans fan in attendance ladies night asking for more goals and forks?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Personally I prefer withdrawing and using cash at The Amex simply because I find I keep track of what I've spent far better. I'm another one who disagrees that it's cash that slows the queues down - a tea or coffee drinker paying by contactless is far slower than me buying Harvey's with a £20 note. (Assuming there's actually some Harvey's poured up and the member of catering staff has worked there before.)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Personally I prefer withdrawing and using cash at The Amex simply because I find I keep track of what I've spent far better. I'm another one who disagrees that it's cash that slows the queues down - a tea or coffee drinker paying by contactless is far slower than me buying Harvey's with a £20 note. (Assuming there's actually some Harvey's poured up and the member of catering staff has worked there before.)

Yep, at the Valencia game, I wanted a coke and a cup of tea but the person at the front of the queue was ordering several beers. They held our line up for over 5 minutes, not their fault but the people after them and ourselves, were very very quick. I agree with the comment about pre pouring beers, would make things quicker.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, at the Valencia game, I wanted a coke and a cup of tea but the person at the front of the queue was ordering several beers. They held our line up for over 5 minutes, not their fault but the people after them and ourselves, were very very quick. I agree with the comment about pre pouring beers, would make things quicker.

They try to have beers ready-poured in WSL but can't keep up........they're also particularly crap at doing it (vertical glass, half a glass of head etc)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wouldn't you be? Brain the size of a planet and that is the sort of questions you get asked.

The questions (for Tony) were actually what you'd expect and sensible. Yes. there was some trivial or silly stuff but so what - its a radio programme not a board meeting.
but asking TB about Ownership of the club/offers of investment, the future of the womens team, the Amex sponsorship, the vision of the club, and Dan Ashworth - is what you'd expect from engaged fans interested in how the club is being run.
PS: he looked no different to how he looks in the other forums or public appearances he does.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Did anyone ask about the likelihood of us seeing McAllister or Percy in a Brighton shirt at some point?
Sorry, haven't had time to trawl through the thread, or listen again online ...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The questions (for Tony) were actually what you'd expect and sensible. Yes. there was some trivial or silly stuff but so what - its a radio programme not a board meeting.
but asking TB about Ownership of the club/offers of investment, the future of the womens team, the Amex sponsorship, the vision of the club, and Dan Ashworth - is what you'd expect from engaged fans interested in how the club is being run.
PS: he looked no different to how he looks in the other forums or public appearances he does.

The majority of the questions were actually pretty good - just had the usual inane ones thrown in amongst the better stuff. TB never looks entirely comfortable facing an audience - clearly not his thing.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Did anyone ask about the likelihood of us seeing McAllister or Percy in a Brighton shirt at some point?
Sorry, haven't had time to trawl through the thread, or listen again online ...

Yes and the answer was the permit rules are involved and are even likely to be changing further very soon. It is complex and the club are looking at ways through, if or when the situation changes with the permits they will let the fans know, or words similar to this.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Indeed considering the club go way beyond the average club in giving disabled people decent facilities within the stadium. The person in question obviously believes that his enjoyment should be paid for by other people.
The thing that struck me was that if he can get on a Seagulls Travel vehicle (mainly buses, but some coaches too) he can get on the normal buses or trains that still receive the subsidy. AFAIK all Seagulls Travel services use the main bus routes as they use the bus stops. If he is disabled, and needs a seat on a crowded bus, there's bound to be plenty of people who will give up their seats, standing so he doesn't have to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here