Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace to win PL title within 15 years.....

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm not starting another palace thread, but just noticed that they are signing Victor Camarasa.
The interesting bit is the deal structure:
£1.5million loan fee for this season.
Compulsory purchase for £15 million at end of season... IF they are still in the premier league.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not starting another palace thread, but just noticed that they are signing Victor Camarasa.
Compulsory purchase for £15 million at end of season... IF they are still in the premier league.

When they offload some £12m tied up in wages for Benteke and some other no mark I guess?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
When they offload some £12m tied up in wages for Benteke and some other no mark I guess?

I was reading it as the suits accepting they don't have any money to spend, that they are genuine relegation prospects, and that they're ****ed if it happens.
I appreciate this deduction is skewed by me finding it funny.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This. I'm quite possibly never going to Selhurst again. Haven't been there for years and really can't be arsed with all the inevitable bollox that goes with it. Much more fun watching it my local.
Palace away is nearly always shithouse. The only time I've genuinely enjoyed it was the 1-0 McShane game and even then being kettled afterwards partly negated the good feeling. Heavy handed policing and the fact that the biggest dicks following both clubs always circle the fixture really tend to ruin the whole day.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
They are currently worried that Milivojevic is refusing to sign a new contract and they could lose him, means Wilf will have to take his own penalties, unless he has been sent or for diving

Report in the Evening Standard interest in him from Italy
Crystal Palace are hopeful Luka Milivojevic will sign a new deal at Selhurst Park amid transfer interest from a number of clubs in Italy, including AC Milan and Lazio.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are currently worried that Milivojevic is refusing to sign a new contract and they could lose him, means Wilf will have to take his own penalties, unless he has been sent or for diving

Report in the Evening Standard interest in him from Italy
Crystal Palace are hopeful Luka Milivojevic will sign a new deal at Selhurst Park amid transfer interest from a number of clubs in Italy, including AC Milan and Lazio.

on subject of Zaha, i was wondering whats happened with the transfer to childhood club Arsenal. not only off, but amused by headline "Wilfried Zaha posts video of him training in Man Utd shirt as fans get excited shock return transfer could be on cards". i know things are not great at Man U but this would create excitement?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Seems that Burnley might have hijacked this deal.

Palace were all ready to sign off on a loan deal for Víctor Camarasa and were waiting for Camarasa to arrive in London today to finalise the deal, but Burnley swooped in at the last minute and caused ‘a blockage in the negotiation’

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Palace were all ready to sign off on a loan deal for Víctor Camarasa and were waiting for Camarasa to arrive in London today to finalise the deal, but Burnley swooped in at the last minute and caused ‘a blockage in the negotiation’

Shows why it's so important to keep things under wraps if you can.

Burnley recruitment bod, browsing gossip, :

Camarasa to palace? He's kind of decent. Loan with compulsory purchase? I expect they'd prefer he was bought now. [ Picks up phone]

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Palace away is nearly always shithouse. The only time I've genuinely enjoyed it was the 1-0 McShane game and even then being kettled afterwards partly negated the good feeling. Heavy handed policing and the fact that the biggest dicks following both clubs always circle the fixture really tend to ruin the whole day.

To be honest last years historic win (thanks AK :bowdown:) passed off relatively without incident.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Cam was at palace for the Hertha game.

I'll hazard a guess he spent the second half hijacking himself!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Crystal Palace and AS Monaco have both reached agreements in principle with Montpellier for right-back Ruben Aguilar at around €10m.

The player will now choose between the two offers in the coming hours.

- Decisions Decisions......Croydon or Monaco???

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Apologies if fixtures, but they’ve been regularly updating the website with all the preparation work gone towards the new stand. For instance, they fixed the holes in the Holmesdale end roof! And...er, they cleaned the toilets?

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/updates-to-selhurst-park-for-the-201920-season/

Are my eyes deceiving me? Up to SECOND in Premier League match day experience. I have visited once and never will again as I was involved in the kettling to Norwood Junction a few years ago. All the fans I know say they will never visit that s******e again. Who are the masochists who love that experience?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If they get Olly Watkins in to replace Zaha they’ll be taking a huge risk. Brentford’s best player is Neil Maupay - I’m sure palace were in for him too but he’s gone elsewhere. Camarasa is good and not sure on the right back but he seems a cheap option. In fact none of the players they’re linked with seem to be breaking the bank (except Maupay, who has allegedly turned them down for a bigger club) :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here