Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loyalty points?

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I am having a problem logging in. Getting

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.seagullstickets.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This did not happen when I bought Valencia tickets...

Sounds more like a virus

Sounds more like you're on the wrong website...

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
I appreciate you get 200 points for 8 consecutive seasons which i have, and half of last seasons points (260) thus equalling 130 giving me a starting loyalty total this season of 330.

Can somebody explain this - my last seasons away attendance was poor compared to previous season away attendance where i would miss 4/5 away games each of those seasons - why is it you do not get any loyalty for these seasons?

My points 330 (200+130) this season are only based on season 2018/2019?

So say somebody that attended all away games last season (and never attended an away match in seasons before) although also attended the amex for 8 consecutive seasons, would yield more starting points this season than I who has been loyal at an high number of away matches in those previous 7 seasons.

Sorry if been answered before!

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I appreciate you get 200 points for 8 consecutive seasons which i have, and half of last seasons points (260) thus equalling 130 giving me a starting loyalty total this season of 330.

Can somebody explain this - my last seasons away attendance was poor compared to previous season away attendance where i would miss 4/5 away games each of those seasons - why is it you do not get any loyalty for these seasons?

So say somebody that attended all away games last season (and never attended an away match in seasons before) although also attended the amex for 8 consecutive seasons, would yield more starting points this season than I who has been loyal at an high number of away matches in those previous 7 seasons.

The maths for the "game" element of the LP (as opposed to the "bonus" element - the number of consecutive seasons you've held a ST) is 50% of your closing "games" balance each season. The key word in that sentence as it relates to your question is "each" - thus your opening "games" balance this season equates to 50% of the points gained from games you attended last season, 25% of the season before, 12.5% of the season before and so on. After about 6 seasons, you're down to 1%.

The logic is simply that the more recent your "loyalty" is, the more points you get. Amex loyalty gets you recognition (as far as points go); anything before doesn't.

You may agree or disagree with that philosophy, but it's quite deliberate: recent loyalty counts, old loyalty doesn't - as far as getting away tix is concerned.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

You didn't earn 260 points last season, you already had some from the previous seasons which you then added to.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
The maths for the "game" element of the LP (as opposed to the "bonus" element - the number of consecutive seasons you've held a ST) is 50% of your closing "games" balance each season. The key word in that sentence as it relates to your question is "each" - thus your opening "games" balance this season equates to 50% of the points gained from games you attended last season, 25% of the season before, 12.5% of the season before and so on. After about 6 seasons, you're down to 1%.

The logic is simply that the more recent your "loyalty" is, the more points you get. Amex loyalty gets you recognition (as far as points go); anything before doesn't.

You may agree or disagree with that philosophy, but it's quite deliberate: recent loyalty counts, old loyalty doesn't - as far as getting away tix is concerned.

If you had a Withdean season ticket from the start you got a bonus amount of points the first season at the Amex. Can’t remember exactly how many that gave us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was 250 I think. And halved every season until now means they're worth zero.
250 Amex year 1 - Gus
125 year 2 - Gus
62 year 3 - Oscar
31 year 4 - Sami/CH
15 year 5 - CH1
7 year 6 - CH2
3 year 7 - CH3
1 year 8 - CH4

Withdean is now worth no loyalty points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I am having a problem logging in. Getting

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.seagullstickets.com (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This did not happen when I bought Valencia tickets...

Sounds more like a virus
Its not a virus it is a warning that the SSL is not valid or expired. This happened breifly on Sunday when I tried to buy my Valencia tickets. Some people may not see a warning like this if they dont have a decent firewall/anti virus setup.

If an https website doesnt have a valid SSL certificate then payment information can be intercepted when using it.

The club has been having teething problems with this since moving to a new url in the last few days. They seem to be fixing it fairly quickly when it happens so keep trying.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
358. And I do have some very interesting insight on Dunk. But in order to not start another round of binfest and abuse, I’m going to keep it to just a small closed group.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
358. And I do have some very interesting insight on Dunk. But in order to not start another round of binfest and abuse, I’m going to keep it to just a small closed group.

3 sentences.

Response to the first: bollocks.
Response to the second: bollocks.
Response to the third: bollocks.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
250 Amex year 1 - Gus
125 year 2 - Gus
62 year 3 - Oscar
31 year 4 - Sami/CH
15 year 5 - CH1
7 year 6 - CH2
3 year 7 - CH3
1 year 8 - CH4

Withdean is now worth no loyalty points.

Loyalty points is a real oxymoron. Wouldn't be able to give em away if club fell on hard times again yet here we are in the PL and ‘thanking’ our fans for turning up to watch Man U, Spurs etc. Tough times eh? ???:)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Loyalty points is a real oxymoron. Wouldn't be able to give em away if club fell on hard times again yet here we are in the PL and ‘thanking’ our fans for turning up to watch Man U, Spurs etc. Tough times eh? ???:)

Not quite sure what your point is unless you're resurrecting the old loyalty point scheme moans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here