Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up who thinks we're staying up anyway?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
:wave:

I'm actually slightly more confident now than I was a week ago.

Let's not rule out the possibility that I'm extremely dim, or coming down with some mystery illness that affects cognitive function. But I just have a funny feeling that this squad is going to be better than the sum of its parts.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
We will be ok this season I think. Just need to strengthen in Jan and push on for next year. Chris needs to change tactics though to utilise the wingers we have. Look what Newcastle did a while back with Ginola and Gillespie on the wings and Big Les and Shearer.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
obama_87446079.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Honestly, I can't see it myself but as [MENTION=5252]wigman[/MENTION] says, if we go down fighting then I'll be immensely proud of the team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We will be ok this season I think. Just need to strengthen in Jan and push on for next year. Chris needs to change tactics though to utilise the wingers we have. Look what Newcastle did a while back with Ginola and Gillespie on the wings and Big Les and Shearer.

Like all Albion fans, to see that would be amazing.

But Shearer and Ferdinand had good pace then, so could get in to the box in time. I realise that Shearer never had the pace of Bellamy or Henry types, but in the early and middle part of his career his pace and mobility was decent. He adapted his game towards the end after big injuries, to that of simply the traditional number nine and was prolific at that too.

The striker we play with Izquierdo and Knockaert must have the mobility and pace to keep up with them.

Baldock and possibly Brown appear the only options?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First, do keep exercising your right to post, and I will happily read.

However, sadly you do sound condescending. Yes, the optimists are guided by hope, but that means we are not guided by smugness and superiority. I am sure there will be a long queue of folk ready to bounce this thread and post it back up top if we do survive. So, I think you need a penitance if we stay up.

I suggest that NSC make you a t shirt with the message 'I know NOTHING about football' on the front for you to wear at games throughout August and September 2018. Deal?

:whistle::cheers:

If ever there was condescending post, you've just made it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chris needs to change tactics though to utilise the wingers we have. Look what Newcastle did a while back with Ginola and Gillespie on the wings and Big Les and Shearer.
Seriously?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't care, seen this lot from Div 4 to Div 1 since 1973, we'll be ok whatever happens.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:bigwave:

But I probably don't know as much as spence about football

And I'm definitely not as young

Or as naive

Or as condescending

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here