Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.

He can't drop degenkolb and kristoff sufficiently on the climb to maint6thr gap on the descent.

GB backing swift who'll finish somewhere should the top 10 but I can't see how he can win it unless he gets in a very lucky break.
I wonder why Swift got the nod over G.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This.

He can't drop degenkolb and kristoff sufficiently on the climb to maint6thr gap on the descent.

GB backing swift who'll finish somewhere should the top 10 but I can't see how he can win it unless he gets in a very lucky break.

Degenkolb is suffering from injury and illness since Vuelta. Kristoff not in great form.

Anyway, I think Gerrans will be looking to wheelsuck in a much more select group than that, if not it'll be all in for Bling anyway I expect.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
********SPOILER ALERT*********

So pleased for Kwia to win like that. :clap:

It would have been a real travesty if wheelsuckers Gerrans and Valverde had caught him on the line. See the way they let Gilbert do all the work from that chase group :tosser:s

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
********SPOILER ALERT*********

So pleased for Kwia to win like that. :clap:

It would have been a real travesty if wheelsuckers Gerrans and Valverde had caught him on the line. See the way they let Gilbert do all the work from that chase group :tosser:s
In fairness to the 'suckers, the onus was always on a Belgiumist to do the extra work what with there being 2 of them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In fairness to the 'suckers, the onus was always on a Belgiumist to do the extra work what with there being 2 of them.

Yeah, Gilbert pulling for GVA, but come on, Gerrans never changes does he, no matter the make up of the group. I wish Jill had put him on the spot at the post race interview and asked him straight out if he thought he could have won it had he taken a turn in that group.

Valverde at least tries something sometimes, but Gerrans is just so annoying to watch. Yes, if others are going to pull then of course he'll always ride like that as that's his strength, but I'd have been absolutely gutted today if that group had caught Kwia. Not quite so gutted if the bunch had caught him and a proper sprinter took it, as they were all there.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Yeah, Gilbert pulling for GVA, but come on, Gerrans never changes does he, no matter the make up of the group. I wish Jill had put him on the spot at the post race interview and asked him straight out if he thought he could have won it had he taken a turn in that group.

Valverde at least tries something sometimes, but Gerrans is just so annoying to watch. Yes, if others are going to pull then of course he'll always ride like that as that's his strength, but I'd have been absolutely gutted today if that group had caught Kwia. Not quite so gutted if the bunch had caught him and a proper sprinter took it, as they were all there.
Exactly. Pleased he won it with a proper piece of racing.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
Lucky enough to get a voucher for a track taster session at the Olympic velodrome for my birthday. Has anyone does this yet?

I've been wanting to do to for a while, but now I have to book it I'm actually a little nervous!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Lucky enough to get a voucher for a track taster session at the Olympic velodrome for my birthday. Has anyone does this yet?

I've been wanting to do to for a while, but now I have to book it I'm actually a little nervous!
Having been round a track a few times, you will love it. Takes a bit of getting used to the fixed wheel but a great feeling once you're up the banking and whizzing round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

When you arrive at the velodrome DO NOT go to any viewing gallery or get a quick peek.

Save your first view of the track for that moment when you walk up into it.

You won't regret or forget it.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
When you arrive at the velodrome DO NOT go to any viewing gallery or get a quick peek.

Save your first view of the track for that moment when you walk up into it.

You won't regret or forget it.
That's very true. My first ride in an indoor velodrome was when Manchester opened - entered from below track level and a little brown appeared on my chamois!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe we're 32 strong or whatever, and most are shy.

I get the impression the friendliest thread on t'internet has a fair few luckers.

SPEAK UP PEOPLE even if it's just a :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there a North Stand Chat strava group?
Judging by the responses I think we're a little surprised by the welcome new face faces on Strava, but a little confused as to why that's not transferring to here, or at least joining up Strava names with NSC.

A rather lame excuse for not doing the right thing last night.

Hello, welcome aboard, what's your riding story?
So what do you ride, distance etc.

FYI we love a good comedy fall story.
One that doesn't involve any major bike damage, we're not too bothered about how beat up you got (assuming you stayed out of hospital)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
JCL here..

I have joined North Stand Geeks Strava group. I am new to Strava so not sure how to 'out myself'.

I ride a lovely old Bianchi, not 100% sure of its age but think it's late 1970's early 1980's.
I try to get out a couple of times a week, but at least once. Normally around 20 miles but doing the Chestnut House 100k in October.

I fell off last month after stopping abruptly for an ambulance. The round of applause from the bus stop was slightly unnecessary but I understood the laughter as I struggled to release my feet from the pedals whilst lying on the floor.

I am based in Hurstpierpoint and mainly cycle around the stunning country lanes of Wineham, Twineham, Bolney, Steyning etc.. But sometimes go south if I can face Devils Dyke or Ditchling. I actually joined Strava to learn a few more routes

I look forward to following you all

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does that put Bianchi's into the lead?

N1, Bold, Banjo, my two.

I seem to remember Giant being the competition.

[MENTION=633]n1 gull[/MENTION]

If you click on the grey flag with a 'C' on it (shouldn't that be an avatar?) that take you to the NSC geeks page.
Below the same grey flag, to the left of xx members, currently 32, it says 'discussion'.

Click on that.

The second discussion started by S Collins 'the baby face' has the introductions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here