Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Chernobyl - TV series

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've just watched episode 3. I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it, more that it is compelling and powerful.

As an aside, the casting is superb and quirky. Tonight we had Finchy from The Office and Mad Trevor from Eastenders as well as Martin from Friday Night Dinner.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I've just watched episode 3. I wouldn't say I'm enjoying it, more that it is compelling and powerful.

As an aside, the casting is superb and quirky. Tonight we had Finchy from The Office and Mad Trevor from Eastenders as well as Martin from Friday Night Dinner.

You wouldn’t want to mess with a miner from the USSR. They seem like a scary and crazy bunch.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Excellent series. One of the best things I’ve seen on TV for some time. Excellent production and well acted. While I wasn’t there it feels as though they’ve really captured the period and place.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What channel?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Watched the first episode last night and boy is it grim.

Great acting though.

Be interesting to watch the series. Not one to binge watch though..too depressing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Binged the first 3 episodes last night, kept me up till 1am. Truly excellent (but grim) television.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Odd that it was written by the same guy who wrote the movie Hangover part 2. Two more different genres you couldn't imagine.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Powerful, unflinching episode tonight. Lots of everyday heros being called on to do unthinkable things. The total loyalty that the military show to the State is incredible - even when they know what they are doing is extremely dangerous. The final shot in the hospital ward is heartbreaking.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s excellent. I signed up to Now TV just to see this after friends recommended it so highly.
Some great “what’s he been in”? casting too.

My favourite so far is the head miner who was last seen as the abusive husband getting his nut staved in with an iron by a Little Mo on depression fest, Eastenders.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-viewers-meltdown-after-spotting-16205358.amp
And by Jiminy has he ballooned!

And the ever excellent Jared Harris, Richard’s son.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
All glowing reports it seems.
I did a nuclear control course about 2-3 years after the disaster. The authorities in this country knew how close Chernobyl was to an apocalyptic catastrophe for most of Europe. The result of four reactors worth of high dosage radiation would have affected the general population of Northern Europe for the best part iof 300 years plus. The cancer rate was predicted to have been 75% for a very large part of the population.
Britain would have escaped the worst fallout due to our Atlantic prevailing winds, but, the effects of Chernobyl would have still been devastating in this country.
It appears the whole of mankind owes those Russian heroes who prevented an explosion, a huge vote of thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s excellent. I signed up to Now TV just to see this after friends recommended it so highly.
Some great “what’s he been in”? casting too.

My favourite so far is the head miner who was last seen as the abusive husband getting his nut staved in with an iron by a Little Mo on depression fest, Eastenders.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-viewers-meltdown-after-spotting-16205358.amp
And by Jiminy has he ballooned!

And the ever excellent Jared Harris, Richard’s son.

The head miner is absolutely fantastic.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Shocking that clearing the room came down to Russian soldiers putting their lives on the line as they raced out and back on the roof to avoid a fatal dose of radiation because the Russian Government wouldn't admit to the true radiation levels when acquiring an unmanned machine from Germany to undertake the roof clearance.

Final episode next week, can't wait

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here