Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Net Wealth, Investment & TB

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To put it in context, Liverpool went for £300 million (albeit in 2011), Wolves £30 million, Southampton £260 million, West Brom £150 million, Aston Villa £70 million. Mike Ashley is looking for £325 million for Newcastle. and Steve Parish £220 million for Palace.

Stains selling for £260m is the stand out figure. Great work by the vendors!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
To put it in context, Liverpool went for £300 million (albeit in 2011), Wolves £30 million, Southampton £260 million, West Brom £150 million, Aston Villa £70 million. Mike Ashley is looking for £325 million for Newcastle. and Steve Parish £220 million for Palace.

Sure I read recently the former ManCity owner is tabling a bid of £150million for Palace, seems low for an established Premier club .
Out of curiosity we always say to non Albion fans that TB transfers his lending into shares, hence an interest free loan, do the shares pay a dividend giving some return on his investment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sure I read recently the former ManCity owner is tabling a bid of £150million for Palace, seems low for an established Premier club .
Out of curiosity we always say to non Albion fans that TB transfers his lending into shares, hence an interest free loan, do the shares pay a dividend giving some return on his investment.

No dividends, need to reverse £128 million of losses first.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
No dividends, need to reverse £128 million of losses first.

Great gesture then by TB, is the £128 million loss a current high for the club of was it reduced by the profit from 2017/18 (not this season but the previous season).
Any forecast on the current year?
It's quite a frightening position for any business to be in, makes Premier survival essential.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is much speculation about TBs net worth, it ranges from £1bn to £1.7bn, with many saying around £1.2bn.

He's pumped at least £300m into the club or a quarter of his net worth, remembering that net worth is all assets and not just cash.

So he's put a huge amount on the line and it's only when you do this that you actually understand what it's like, what continually goes through your head and why certain decisions are made and people become casualties of your decisions.

People may criticise TB for dismissing Chris but if you had a quarter of ALL your assets wrapped up in a football club would you leave it to chance having nearly lost a massive earning / repayment opportunity?

I think we need to really understand what this investment is, what it could cost him and try to walk in his shoes before we say how we'd handle it.

We have a lot to be thankful for and a huge debt of gratitude to Chris, but even more so to TB.

Indeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrC_yuzO-Ss

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Great gesture then by TB, is the £128 million loss a current high for the club of was it reduced by the profit from 2017/18 (not this season but the previous season).
Any forecast on the current year?
It's quite a frightening position for any business to be in, makes Premier survival essential.

It was £139 million.

Profits were £11 million in 2017/18 but would expect them to be reduced/wiped out in 2018/19 due to:

1: £4 million less prize money for finishing two places lower in PL.
2: Cost of new contracts for Dunk and Duffy
3: Full instead of half year wages for Locadia
4: New signings (Ali J, Bissouma, Montoya etc) coming in on more money than players they replace
5: Cost of paying up remaining two years of Chris Hughton’s contract.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It was £139 million.

Profits were £11 million in 2017/18 but would expect them to be reduced/wiped out in 2018/19 due to:

4: New signings (Ali J, Bissouma, Montoya etc) coming in on more money than players they replace

6. PB Salary increase :)

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It was £139 million.

FA Cup prize money, etc? Probably very small beer.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
6. PB Salary increase :)

The Albion Chief Exec salary has shown significant increases since Ken 'Shiny Shoes' Brown departed in 2012.

PB is in the upper echelons of Premier League director pay, but as he was on the short list at Anfield 18 months ago that's not surprising.

Brighton HPD.PNG

Premier League 2018 HPD.png

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
That's my understanding too. Talking to some financial journalists recently and one asked which team I supported and said the Albion. They were full of praise for TB and said that he's worth more than Bet365.

According to forbes, last year Bet365 was worth $4.6 billion. That about £3.5 billion. Do you really believe he is worth more than that?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
There is much speculation about TBs net worth, it ranges from £1bn to £1.7bn, with many saying around £1.2bn.

He's pumped at least £300m into the club or a quarter of his net worth, remembering that net worth is all assets and not just cash.

So he's put a huge amount on the line and it's only when you do this that you actually understand what it's like, what continually goes through your head and why certain decisions are made and people become casualties of your decisions.

People may criticise TB for dismissing Chris but if you had a quarter of ALL your assets wrapped up in a football club would you leave it to chance having nearly lost a massive earning / repayment opportunity?

I think we need to really understand what this investment is, what it could cost him and try to walk in his shoes before we say how we'd handle it.

We have a lot to be thankful for and a huge debt of gratitude to Chris, but even more so to TB.

I know for a fact of one of TB many sidelines making over 1m per quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to forbes, last year Bet365 was worth $4.6 billion. That about £3.5 billion. Do you really believe he is worth more than that?

Personally think it's unlikely, but don't think he's a huge way behind. TB's client base contains high net worth individuals who could lose in a single bet more than you or I earn in a lifetime and would just shrug.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
FA Cup prize money, etc? Probably very small beer.

FA Cup prize money was 2.295 million plus about 800k in TV fees for rounds 3,4,5 and 6. Don't know what the fee was for the semi-final, if there was one.

These figures don't take account of matchday profits (or losses).

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Personally think it's unlikely, but don't think he's a huge way behind. TB's client base contains high net worth individuals who could lose in a single bet more than you or I earn in a lifetime and would just shrug.

Does that mean you believe that the vast majority of his wealth comes from Star Lizard?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know for a fact of one of TB many sidelines making over 1m per quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes, the flask business, that's tailed off of late!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here