Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross today

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Gross was out of position - the formation was crazy. When I saw Solly coming on I assumed he'd be the one coming off and I wasn't sad about that. Moving him was a better option so hats off to CH for that one but he had an awful lot to redeem at that point.

was not a yellow today, thats just Dean being a dick

Spot on :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry, disagree. He jumped in with his back turned. It was a cowardly tackle, and not the first time he’s done something like that. It was right in front of where I was, and sadly it was a yellow card all day long

You’ve just described a routine red card assault, especially when Mike Dean’s the ref.

Was it as bad as you describe?

Pascal, I mean. Played the first half like he had the early stages of Parkinson's disease. Second half, some nice passing and a goal. I hope they did his drug test at the start of half time, because I can only imagine he snaffled a couple of dexys on the way back out of the tunnel. To quote one of NSC's top comedy posters, what gives?

I think he's not the player of last year, there's something up.

His decline is less evident playing behind the front man, boy was he awful in the midfield 3

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Obviously not a right winger but then we all seemed to know that. One person didn't it appears. At least he changed things at half time but everyone could spot it after about 20 mins.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Fist half I thought he had died and they'd shoved a broom handle up his arse and stuck it in the ground

I like fist halves.

half_fist.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Quite clearly not a right winger but a more than decent attacking midfielder. Play players in their best and most natural positions and you will get much better performances.

I’m always wary of German right wingers.

It’ll end in tears...again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Was a 0/10 with Stephens, Andone and Izquierdo, a shocking performance even in basics and even when he had drifted into favoured central role. Pathetic crosses/corners safely into the hands of Dubravka. Zero pace, but we knew that.

The moment Solly starts tearing the opposition inside out, Gross comes alive.

Theads and posts like this won't help anyone. Just be grateful that Solly id fulfilling his potential. Lads like Izquierdo needs the fans support more now than ever when he is going through a hard time. He won' get back to what he was without you

With you he will get there. He has had a bad injury. He needs time an d your support . > Lets give it to the lad.

Gross lost you for a bit but he got into a position to get the goal today, Start believing in them again because only then will they start to believe in themselves.

Solly has won me over. Time for the others to do the same if you want them to succeed
Negativity never helps. Help the guys through the hard times.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Gross was out of position - the formation was crazy. When I saw Solly coming on I assumed he'd be the one coming off and I wasn't sad about that. Moving him was a better option so hats off to CH for that one but he had an awful lot to redeem at that point.

Spot on :thumbsup:

I assumed March was coming on for gross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Theads and posts like this won't help anyone. Just be grateful that Solly id fulfilling his potential. Lads like Izquierdo needs the fans support more now than ever when he is going through a hard time. He won' get back to what he was without you

With you he will get there. He has had a bad injury. He needs time an d your support . > Lets give it to the lad.

Gross lost you for a bit but he got into a position to get the goal today, Start believing in them again because only then will they start to believe in themselves.

Solly has won me over. Time for the others to do the same if you want them to succeed
Negativity never helps. Help the guys through the hard times.

I'd suggest if the players are that sensitive to what's written on a fans' forum then they don't bother reading it.

Our fans were superb at the start of the game yesterday, knowing what it meant, given the Fulham / Cardiff result. We only really started getting edgy when that comically bad free kick was attempted and it deterirated further as the players, Gross in chief, failed to find a simple pass or get out of our own half. It went flat when we gave away one of the most disgracefully poor goals of the season, no one closing down the crosser or marking the targets, and degenerated in to general disbelief as Shelvey was given the freedom of Falmer.

You make your own luck, you create your own atmosphere and you write your own reviews.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'd suggest if the players are that sensitive to what's written on a fans' forum then they don't bother reading it.

Our fans were superb at the start of the game yesterday, knowing what it meant, given the Fulham / Cardiff result. We only really started getting edgy when that comically bad free kick was attempted and it deterirated further as the players, Gross in chief, failed to find a simple pass or get out of our own half. It went flat when we gave away one of the most disgracefully poor goals of the season, no one closing down the crosser or marking the targets, and degenerated in to general disbelief as Shelvey was given the freedom of Falmer.

You make your own luck, you create your own atmosphere and you write your own reviews.

Great post, covering everything.

In the stadium - fans were great, but inevitably quietened as NU took total control, carving out chances. ALL clubs fans are the same.

NSC - I can’t believe that Pascal Gross spends time checking posts about him (which then affects his morale). As much as we love NSC, unbelievably the vast majority of the 28,000 Amex regulars don’t read this forum.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Surely we have worked out by now that Pascal and this team have no idea how to play 4-3-3

He was appealing first half, and better in the 2nd but not much tbh

Had he been pulled as a sub I would not have been surprised

Thankfully he came up with the goal

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Pascal, I mean. Played the first half like he had the early stages of Parkinson's disease.

Can’t work out how to do the bow down emoji but you’ve earned it with this line...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm sure that when I watched MOTD, Jonathan Pearce called him "Christian Gross" when he was taking a corner.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
was not a yellow today, thats just Dean being a dick

Definite Yellow. For everyone giving MD a volley, he saved us today big time. That first half was as bad as you’ll get at this level and should have resulted in us giving away at least 1 pen when rondon was tripped and possibly another when their guy stayed on his feet rather than going down.

Conveniently forgotten by the masses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here