Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton OUT!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I was in favour of keeping him if we went down, but I think it's sad to say that he has clearly lost the dressing room after that completely inept, woeful performance and we need someone with fresh ideas to come in.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Keep a manager who has lost the plot, the dressing room and the fans? Why would anybody want to do that? We need new on so many levels. Bloom must be livid at being 12 points clear not long ago and now unable to score in FIVE games now. Exactly when we needed to be winning games. Yes, I really want that type of manager in charge next season.

You know what? I completely agree. Time to move over Chris thanks for the memories

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Exactly my feelings. Ignoring all those armchair managers on here that think they could manage the team better than a professional, but how has it all gone so wrong so quickly? It just feels so weird.

No offence at all but you must have been watching with blinkers. This has been coming.

The warning signs have been there for a long time...notably at West Ham away...for a defensively minded manager to go 2-0 up with less than a half to play but be level 4 minutes later....and Fulham....He should have gone after Fulham. That opened the door to failure... a new belief that we could lose to anyone from a comfortable winning position and it hasn't been the same since, in fact I think West Ham might have been the trigger. The defending has been beyond awful. I don't think there's a word in the english dictionary that best describes Dunk and Duffy's ability. I'm also aghast with DS and DP in the middle. They've given up the ghost. Particularly Stephens. It almost feels like he's doing it on purpose.

It's too late to sack CH now and too expensive to get someone in for the remaining games. Let's see it out, accept it for what it is and look forward to not having to lose to Bournemouth 0-5 next season.

majnoon

Banned
Oct 25, 2014
Not a Single fan who doesn't think you're a great guy, not a single fan who wouldn't wish we could be successful in the PL with you at the helm.

Brutal reality is you're not good enough, not tactically astute enough.

HUGHTON OUT

very true,he has lost it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bloom won't do it.

Then make that Wayne Kerr Barber earn his f.cking salary. Or Dan the Man. Get the new man to start the clean sweep tonight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He’s an honourable fellow, Bloom was there tonight I wonder if he’ll offer his resignation?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The wave of negativity has caught up with us and Bloom needs to take action. Predictable, negative and sluggish tactics added to a recent vulnerability to any team that counters on us is a recipe for disaster. I’d be amazed if we are top 10 championship next season with Hughton. He simply needs to go to have any chance this season and next. We’ve been shit all season, 33 points is astonishing given the performances but it’s time to call it quits.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Has to go.

Too cautious, too slow, no guile, too predictable, midfield gutless - Propper and Stephens too similar.

Really needs to resign.

The worry is Bloom thought we would be safe a few weeks ago, but we've lost ALL these "easy games" - so has he got a plan B?

Calfderon? Jones? Bruno? Adams? Slade? ANYONE???

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Our 2019 record: W2 D2 L9

Probably should have sacked him after the Burnley game. The Palace game probably saved him. Should definitely sack him now.

A West Ham United 2:2 D
H Liverpool FC 0:1 L
A Manchester United 1:2 L
A Fulham FC 2:4 L
H Watford FC 0:0 D
H Burnley FC 1:3 L
A Leicester City 1:2 L
H Huddersfield Town 1:0 W
A Crystal Palace 2:1 W
H Southampton FC 0:1 L
A Chelsea FC 0:3 L
H AFC Bournemouth 0:5 L
H Cardiff City 0:2 L

TWO, yes, just 2 goals at home, with 12 against in 7 games - whatever happened to fortress Amex ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Has to go.

Too cautious, too slow, no guile, too predictable, midfield gutless - Propper and Stephens too similar.

Really needs to resign.

The worry is Bloom thought we would be safe a few weeks ago, but we've lost ALL these "easy games" - so has he got a plan B?

Calfderon? Jones? Bruno? Adams? Slade? ANYONE???

Really needs to resign...what the hell is up with people?

We have an owner and chief exec who can make decisions off the pitch, why should Chris have to quit. Pathetic talk.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hughton doing press talks now so he hasn’t been to see Mr Bloom. I wonder if anyone will ask him if he assumes his job is safe?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Bloom won't do it.

It’s easy to say, but the financial cost is massive. We all know Bloom is loaded but how much? Is his outlay pocket change, is it by stretching himself?

Can he comfortably afford it, is perhaps more pertinent, especially if loyalty costs 10s of millions

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Really needs to resign...what the hell is up with people?

See the post above yours. He doesn't deserve the huge payoff a sacking would get him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TWO, yes, just 2 goals at home, with 12 against in 7 games - whatever happened to fortress Amex ?

Murray stopped scoring. Since we came up we've relied almost totally on a veteran striker with no pace who runs out of puff around an hour into every game. That's finally caught up with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here