Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The green kit (a plea to the club)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

No....

floro.jpg

:rave: :rave: :rave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
ANY third kit is a cynical marketing ploy and always has been. It's selling to the gullible. If you play in stripes then you only need a single block colour as your away strip. Your opponents can only be one or the other.

Probably.

The green kit isn't our third kit though (in case that's what you meant).

kit-reveal-2018.jpg

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
There seems to have been no problem with both Everton and Man City both playing in blue shirts and white shorts the other night. Aren’t there some obvious rules or regulations about team colours clashing?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Probably.

The green kit isn't our third kit though (in case that's what you meant).

kit-reveal-2018.jpg

It is now, by the looks of it!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is now, by the looks of it!

Agreed. There's clearly no form of guarantee that the shirt you buy will get many run-outs, but I think you'd be justified in feeling aggrieved if you'd bought this year's away shirt only for us to pretend it doesn't exist part-way through the season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Bring back the all black kit

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The player bottom right looks like he's got the raving trots and is holding in two gallons of liquid shit...

'BILL MARK' is his name. I'd say more 'BILL SKIDMARK'

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I liked our black and green striped kit, not so keen on the current all green.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
There seems to have been no problem with both Everton and Man City both playing in blue shirts and white shorts the other night. Aren’t there some obvious rules or regulations about team colours clashing?

That was quite unusual - Man City don't usually miss an excuse to wear an alternative kit.

You can discount any issue of shorts clashing, though. Premier League rules allows same colour to be worn, hence also:

everton.jpg

el punal

The greet shirt, up close, is decent in my opinion but is let down by plain white shorts (as is the home kit) and black socks. All green or a contrasting colour shorts would have been much much better. Surely a design team could come up with something better.

Did I read recently that the kit was based on the colours we wore when our glorious club was founded, secondly, it was Tony Bloom’s decision to go ahead and use it as our second kit? For what it’s worth I like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here