Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Beatles Covers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was born 20 years after Revolver, I can still appreciate the impact they made.

I can see why people born years after the Beatles broke up don’t rate them was my point. Calling them the most over rated band of all time though is just a bit mind boggling to me :shrug:

Personally preferred bands like the Stones, Animals, Pink Floyd, the Doors and the Kinks but the Beatles were more varied in their music than any of them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can I suggest you go back and read the OP? :lolol:

You and PPF have made the same error.

It’s okay, it was just a bad joke on my part. The white album not really having a cover as such and obviously not being a cover version. It seemed funnier in my head.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not sure if this is technically a Beatles copy of a Stones single that was written by Lennon and McCartney.

I think you are right, and that they wrote it for the Stones.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I refer the honorable gentlemen to my previous comments about The Beatles being the most overrated band in the history of music....

Don't worry folks, someone from the 'You will not say anything critical about the Beatles!' mob will be here very soon to sort me out.

Personally, I would put Led Zeppelin, Queen and the Eagles as the most overrated bands in history. Each to his own.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I would put Led Zeppelin, Queen and the Eagles as the most overrated bands in history. Each to his own.

Interesting. I loved early Led Zep and early Eagles but we concur on Queen

At the risk of an NSC burning I’d say the Jam were very over rated too as well as the Who from after Who’s Next :shrug:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting. I loved early Led Zep and early Eagles but we concur on Queen

At the risk of an NSC burning I’d say the Jam were very over rated too.

LZ have had some bangers.

Just goes to show what I was trying to say - each to his own, I know what I like and don't like, but would not want to condemn or criticise anybody else's taste.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just goes to show what I was trying to say - each to his own, I know what I like and don't like, but would not want to condemn or criticise anybody else's taste.

True, I’d say Coldplay are up there as one of the best live bands in the world. Not many on NSC would come close to agreeing with me. Possibly the least cool band in the band on most NSC reviews

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UYw-GHL8a8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQLt9kprD8

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here