Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Interesting that he says he's been following us for a few months, I wonder why that is? Agent may have told him we were interested back then, if so then that was before Potter's time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indulge me a moment

So assuming a 4-2-3-1 (a big assumption) we could go for a "blue arrows" strike force of pure pace along the lines of

Knocky Trossard Solly
Andone

Or perhaps he appears in the inside left channel in a more measured approach

Knocky Gross Trossard
Murray

There's plenty of other players I've left out of this. Options, options

If Murray is anywhere near the starting line up, we're as good as down.

I'll hazard a guess Big Jurg and Ali J will be given plenty of time to fail, before resorting to Knockaert AND Solly starting.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Exactly, it’s all about winning and staying in the league. I want us to stay there for as long as possible, couldn’t give a shit if we look good doing it.

Who’s ever gone to Brighton to watch attractive football? :lolol:

All the fans that just stop going (STH’s), would they not turn up if we had 3 must win home games to stay up just because it’s too depressing/frustrating?

That’s exactly when the team need you most...to support them!

We are supporters, we’re there to get behind the team. It’s not the theatre.

Care in the community not working :moo:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Interesting that he says he's been following us for a few months, I wonder why that is? Agent may have told him we were interested back then, if so then that was before Potter's time.

Not a surprise really. Manager is only loosely involved with clubs scouting nowadays although in theory get final sign off.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Is there anything in the Samatta rumours or are people making assumptions because our scouts were seen at Genk?

We have to hope so. Who doesn't want a chant based on Joe Dolce's classic early eighties stereotypetastic super hit? (Apart from Midge Ure obviously).

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

??? Murray is a consistent goalscorer, the only striker we have who has a proven record at PL level. 13 goals last year, and 12 the year before. His closest goalscoring rival being Shane Duffy, with 5. His goals last season earnt us an additional 14 points, we'd have finished with NINETEEN POINTS without him, and been relegated. He deserves far, far more respect.

Whilst he may see his playing time reduce as we try and develop our playing style, and try to become less reliant on him, there is no questioning his contribution. Every team in the bottom half wants a Glenn Murray, and we're lucky enough to have him, even to predominantly come off the bench next year. And if he does start a game, I know there's a decent chance he'll score.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I have a horrible feeling that Izzy's knee is more problematic than we have been made aware.

Well its public that he's had an operation and will be out for months. And his Insta currently shows him making his way around Brighton with a crutch.
Not sure there's much left to hide.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well its public that he's had an operation and will be out for months. And his Insta currently shows him making his way around Brighton with a crutch.
Not sure there's much left to hide.

As someone with a meniscus + ACL tear in my knee, its the concern over it never being the same again. I get random twinges / pulls all the time which has impacted my jumping / twisting / turning. I guess that is what the OP was alluding to

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not a surprise really. Manager is only loosely involved with clubs scouting nowadays although in theory get final sign off.

The manager will specify the sort of player he wishes to sign and the key attributes he wants from that player, the scouting team will then show footage of those who fit could fit the bill before the manager identifies his preferences. Then the negotiations will begin. We will have our eyes on 100+ players who meet our requirements of being value for money, full of promise, and not a dickhead

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I was in favour of this transfer from the start....something just felt right about it.

But now hes signed we find out he cant even kick a ball properly. FFS. :wink:

20190626_142401.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Interesting that he says he's been following us for a few months
He saw what we were like in the last few months, and still wanted to join us? Something's not right there.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

You keep saying this SB. Not sure why. It didn't come true in either 17/18 and 18/19 when you said it then.
I think , assuming he's fit and assuming we do sign a striker then for the 3rd year in a row he almost certainly he will be "near the starting line up" (hardly a stretch to imagine him on the bench at least) so i guess you've a miserable season coming up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Exactly, it’s all about winning and staying in the league. I want us to stay there for as long as possible, couldn’t give a shit if we look good doing it.

Who’s ever gone to Brighton to watch attractive football? [emoji38]ol:

All the fans that just stop going (STH’s), would they not turn up if we had 3 must win home games to stay up just because it’s too depressing/frustrating?

That’s exactly when the team need you most...to support them!

We are supporters, we’re there to get behind the team. It’s not the theatre.

To answer your question about STHs not turning up: I didn't go to the three humiliating defeats against Muff, Cardiff and Soton. Why? Because the team were playing like they didn't give a shit. Hughton looked shell shocked and incapable of motivating a team clearly instructed to not lose. Watching a home game for me usually takes up most of my Saturday, getting home quite late if I take the train. A minimum of 3 to 4 hours travel. My thoughts were: F.uck it. After 60 years or so following The Albion that was the worst I've felt going to watch them, so I spared myself of any more Hughtonball . It was abysmal. So I stayed away.

Thank goodness we now have reason to be optimistic again.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here