Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still a bad loser then. Most childish tantrums are forgotten the next day. Yours and others on here have lasted 3yrs

So should I put you down with Mouldy Boots and Ppf as those incapable of answering a simple question?

Mouldy Boots has his own term for your little gang , but I think it may be a little presumptuous ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, no offence but I am wasting too my life talking to doom-mongers. Can you imagine if all the world war heroes had the same outlook as you lot have?

Firstly war heros didn't think they were heros, they were just doing what they had to do. Doing their bit.
Secondly, don't use their memory for your pathetic wind ups.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You get asked a simple question but insist you are 'too thick' to answer?

I really don't think I'm in a position of having any evidence at all to take a contrary position.

Maybe you are (by your own admission) too stupid to put an answer to any question asked of you :wave:

I feel a need to let you know that Mouldy Brains is actully a remainer. He remains on my Ignore list. Who knew? ???

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
So should I put you down with Mouldy Boots and Ppf as those incapable of answering a simple question?

Mouldy Boots has his own term for your little gang , but I think it may be a little presumptuous ???

Who says i cant answer simple question

Q: Whois fault is it that my mum cant put bendy bananas on my Golden Graham’s in the morning?

A: The eu bullys

So take that lefty

Regards
DR

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Q: Whois fault is it that my mum cant put bendy bananas on my Golden Graham’s in the morning?

So take that lefty

Regards
DR

I can only hope that you fake being so utterly ridiculous. That said, even if you are faking it, it really does make you an incredibly sad little person.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

So take that lefty

Regards
DR

:lolol: :lolol:

Can we keep this one and get rid of the original PPF?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Labour still on the fence with Brexit and while a GE is likely I can't see that shifting.

If they need the Lib Dems to form a government, that is the point things would change.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So, what will be Johnson's choices when he gets in ?

1/ Unplanned leave with 'no deal' on October 31st - So with no border or customs posts in NI, and under WTO MFN (Most Favoured Nation) rules, that means that if we have a completely open border with the EU, we then have to grant completely free movement of trade and people with the Whole world. Interesting approach that I can't see lasting beyond a few weeks at most.

2/ Plan a Leave with 'no deal' - Spend the next 3-5 years and a few £10s of Billions building Customs Posts in NI, Lorry parks at all ports, putting IT infrastructure in place, commissioning systems and processes for the 'new brave world', starting the largest recruitment and training programme in HMRC's history and beginning the WTO negotiations with USA, Russia, China, EU etc

3/ Renegotiate with the EU. The negotiating team has been disbanded and since the EU elections, a number of bodies and posts have to be filled, prior to any EU team being formed to re-negotiate the deal. These aren't due to complete until after the October 31st date. And the EU have said they won't renegotiate. And I don't know what benefits of EU membership people think they will give us this time after we leave, that they withheld from the last deal.

4/ Put TM's deal to Parliament. Well that worked well last time.

Genuine question.

Can any Leave supporter tell me an option that I have overlooked, or anything incorrect in the summary above, and if not, which one do you think we should go for ?
:shrug:

5) Negotiate with the Labour Party (and/or SNP and LD) and get an agreement that can get through the House. For example, a border in the Irish Sea would be perfectly acceptable to the EU as that was in the original WA. Or, permanent membership of the customs union would quickly be agreed by the EU

This was the answer three years ago BTW but May's red lines got in the way

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
5) Negotiate with the Labour Party (and/or SNP and LD) and get an agreement that can get through the House. For example, a border in the Irish Sea would be perfectly acceptable to the EU as that was in the original WA. Or, permanent membership of the customs union would quickly be agreed by the EU

Not acceptable to the DUP that the government relies on to govern...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep, no offence but I am wasting too my life talking to doom-mongers. Can you imagine if all the world war heroes had the same outlook as you lot have?

Hang your head in shame. Bloody disgraceful post. You should be ashamed.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not acceptable to the DUP that the government relies on to govern...

Irrespective of The DUP's concerns/selling Northern Ireland down the river, if any agreement had been reached with Labour, The Tory Party would split apart.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I see that Hunt's negotiating tactic will be to take in DUP and ERG members. That will mobilise goodwill on he other side of the table at a stroke, especially if the former are wearing their 'No Surrender' T-shirts...……..!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I remember us having this discussion soon after the referendum, and agreeing it was the most sensible way to implement Brexit, and I know it was always your preferred option. (Not for me, I always wanted to remain).

But I still think it won't happen for the same two reasons as back then. One, it would split the Tory party completely and two, why would Labour want to take any responsibility for this complete clusterf*** if they can avoid it ? (Which is why they still won't make a decision). There really has been no change whatsoever in the last 3 years and I can't see Johnson changing anything.

I still think 2nd referendum is most likely by far, as it stops the two major parties from losing a significant proportion of their voters (It wasn't us what decided it, it was the electorate :wink:).

And I should have changed my quote to say
Genuine question.

Can any Leave supporter tell me an option that I have overlooked, or anything incorrect in the summary above, and if not, which one do you think we should go for ? (except Gwylan and Triggaaar who I know have proposed sensible solutions, even if I don't agree with them) :shrug:

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ian Paisley Jr of the DUP is quite plausibly going to be suspended from Parliament again, probably for longer. When your majority is already tiny that becomes problematic.The Radnorshire by-election can't be held off forever either, and the Lib Dems are nailed on for it.

I see that Hunt's negotiating tactic will be to take in DUP and ERG members. That will mobilise goodwill on he other side of the table at a stroke, especially if the former are wearing their 'No Surrender' T-shirts...……..!

Negotiating with the DUP alone would be a breach of an international treaty to which the UK is a signatory. He'll have to take in SF, SDLP, Alliance and UUP also - the first three of which are Remain and the last of which is rather on the fence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here