Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I would agree if the view in question was anywhere near the vague sphere of acceptability. It is not, it is flat out offensive and disgusting. Are you implying that people shouting racist abuse at a football match should not be banned or ignored but simply challenged and spoken to?
Also, I have not once seen a mod challenge this poster, so you are not challenging them either you are sticking your head in the sand.

Why do you always extend what you think and try to make out that's what people said? No one talked about a football match.

We're talking about the letter D and the letter R in the English language.

No one has used his full username in years, except those who complain about him. That's because he was turned in to a pink fairy, eactly the sort of thing that would grate on a right wing hooligan. Even if you do use the full name it just mean "The Realm" or "The Kingdom" in German.

Point me to actual racist abuse. I might have some sympathy for you. Because, when he does that, he gets a ban. Like the seven day and three month ban shown here.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?369507-Pretty-pink-fairy

I shouldn't be engaging with you because I'm now writing personally. I do not speak for NSC or any of the other mods. So feel free to complain all you want but maybe your suggestion to delete your account would be best all round. I don't think it's doing you much good being on here.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
We all love NSC, fellow Albion fans across the political spectrum all united around our love for the team. There's people on here expert in chosen fields and as a result it's a great place for all round general advice.

FFS get a grip plooks

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why does any of that matter? The offending poster is still not be banned and the mods have STILL done nothing. I will give them until the end of the day to rectify this or I am deleting my account. I WILL not be part of a communirt that turns a blind eye to these Nazi views.
Maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will do somthing as reporting the posts and the other mods have clearly failed.

You just woken up [emoji23]

You really shouldn’t get wound up by this virtual world.

Everyone knows the PPF is a Dr of love.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Why does any of that matter? The offending poster is still not be banned and the mods have STILL done nothing. I will give them until the end of the day to rectify this or I am deleting my account. I WILL not be part of a communirt that turns a blind eye to these Nazi views.
Maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will do somthing as reporting the posts and the other mods have clearly failed.

You do not have much support on this issue, and you are therefore a bit out on a limb. You should either digest what others are saying to you, or delete your account (no great loss to the forum, may be best for you). You should definitely stop trying to get your way with the moderators by sheer force of will - for them to give in to you would set a bad precedent.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why do you always extend what you think and try to make out that's what people said? No one talked about a football match.

No one has used his full username in years, except those who complain about him. That's because he was turned in to a pink fairy, eactly the sort of thing that would grate on a right wing hooligan. Even if you do use the full name it just mean "The Realm" or "The Kingdom" in German.

Point me to actual racist abuse. I might have some sympathy for you. Because, when he does that, he gets a ban. Like the seven day and three month ban shown here.

I shouldn't be engaging with you because I'm now writing personally. I do not speak for NSC or any of the other mods. So feel free to complain all you want but maybe your suggestion to delete your account would be best all round. I don't think it's doing you much good being on here.

How about you just ban fascists from the forum.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
And here lies the problem, it's impossible to extricate ourselves without doing major damage. ergo, second referendum.

Whats also a problem is you can`t leave an organization that you don`t have to be in ,shame we did not know that in 1975 .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And here lies the problem, it's impossible to extricate ourselves without doing major damage. ergo, second referendum.
It is easy to leave the EU.

It is not easy to leave the EU with May's personal and arbitrary Red Lines.

We could have left in 6 months and be now *having our cake and eating it* like Norway.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
That's the type of Club I want to be in. A 'Hotel California'. Very healthy.

We've been reaping the benefits of the EU and common market for the last 40 years and have built a lot of business practices around taking advantage of those benefits in that time.

And now if we leave we will have to change a significant number of those practices. I'm struggling to understand why this has come as a surprise to anyone who gave even the slightest consideration to the impact of leaving.

We can leave whenever we want but of course there will be significant impacts of leaving just as there were significant benefits of joining :facepalm:

Last edited:

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018

We've been reaping the benefits of the EU and common market for the last 40 years and have built a lot of business practices around taking advantage of those benefits.

And now if we leave we will have to change a significant number of those practices. I'm struggling to understand why this has come as a surprise to anyone who thought through the impact of leaving :facepalm:

This is what Pro EU campaigners said from the start, but as with everything was written off as 'Project Fear' by all leave campaigners.

The fact is that we can leave, it just takes more planning to do so. It's just not as simple as some people were led to believe. Part of the reason is what WZ mentions above.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
We've been reaping the benefits of the EU and common market for the last 40 years and have built a lot of business practices around taking advantage of those benefits in that time.

And now if we leave we will have to change a significant number of those practices. I'm struggling to understand why this has come as a surprise to anyone who gave even the slightest consideration to the impact of leaving.

We can leave whenever we want but of course there will be significant impacts of leaving just as there were significant benefits of joining :facepalm:

Do you think its true that food prices in the UK are 17% higher in the EU then out of the EU i saw in a report or is this rubbish ?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

You can check out whenever you like, no problem. But you need to settle up for the last 40 years in the best room in the place, and also pay the bar tab (£39bn if memory serves).

Then, assuming you don't want to be sleeping in a doorway tonight, you need to sort out what you're paying for the new room. It's not nearly as swanky as the old one, but it's the only one on offer because of your red line about wanting to be on a corridor all by yourself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] in future you could just keep replying with this:-

[tweet]1137689381639204865[/tweet]

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Plooks....................

You're banging on about a leave voting ****head who got banned for 3 months on this site for making anti Semitic comments in a discussion about Tony Bloom. Bearing in mind this a forum about Brighton & Hove Albion, most people in that situation would have ****ed off from NSC. As soon as his ban was over he was straight back on here as if nothing had happened. As much as he loves being talked about, this is someone who by his own admittance is on on disability benefits and wants Rees-Mogg, Johnson or Raab as PM - If they abolish The DWP and benefits and re-introduce The Poor House and put him in it he'd still blame immigrants.

Put him on ignore or just accept he's a special kind of ****head.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sympathies and respect, [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]. A few comments and a question:

Was the name PPF forced upon him? Does it grate? I'd be very surprised if either were true but stand corrected if so. However....

I have been reminded today via a PM that this poor fellow is of low intelligence and should be left in peace. He once pointed out I had been rude to him, and I apologised. No response. My conclusion was (sit down, this may shock you) he was taking the piss. But maybe he simply didn't read my apology. It happens.

I have had him on ignore for some time, on the same ground that by and large I have our cat on 'ignore'. I think the parady account does it's job well. So....

fair enough, for now, that will do for me. Calm yourself :mad:Plooks - she's not worth it :thumbsup:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You are grown ups conversing about a child.
His/Her ideology is extremely dangerous but s/he is not very sharp.
I intend to challenge him/her continuously in the hope that it will have the effect of causing him/her to reflect or retreat.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I certainly did not trust our government or MPs before and during the brexit process which was one of the reasons I voted remain.
I most certainly do not trust them at all with this country after we leave on things like workers rights and trade deals.
Which is why I am shitting myself about leaving and leaving on a no deal basis is just suicidal, but thankfully a lot of MP's have actually realised that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here