Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Whatevs.
You’re a hypocrite. You regularly insult people on here, the electorate and politicians. As recently as the last few pages.
You haven’t got everyone fooled. You’re just another dimwit leaver.

Mo's excellent post hasn't resonated with some on NSC i see :D

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mo's excellent post hasn't resonated with some on NSC i see :D

It was nothing but windy pie and air pudding. Empty, meaningless drivel. The sort of rhetoric that leave voters mistake for insight.
Hypocritical waffle.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Whatevs.
You’re a hypocrite. You regularly insult people on here, the electorate and politicians. As recently as the last few pages.
You haven’t got everyone fooled. You’re just another dimwit leaver.

Yes, it's true, I do insult politicians, they often deserve it, never the electorate, but I sometimes take a swipe on here when I'm insulted first, just like everyone else does,.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hypocrisy would seem to be the order of the day . .

Well no, I happily insult people on here, especially thicko leavers. And I make no bones about it. If I moaned about being insulted that would be hypocritical.
So yes, you’re wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, it's true, I do insult politicians, they often deserve it, never the electorate, but I sometimes take a swipe on here when I'm insulted first, just like everyone else does,.

You’ve just sung the praises of a post saying we shouldn’t insult politicians.
As for insulting people as a form of self defence, well! I’ve heard it all now.
Priceless :)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The problem is the politicians that are dangerous. Darth Mogg, Boris, Trump, Farage , Grayling etc take themselves seriously and frankly should not be tolerated. Some of their behaviour is appalling.

The poster had made a serious point about the clear lack of tolerance, and I like to think that he meant that it cuts both ways. With your choice of politicians, it just shows how right he was, as those to the right of you, politically speaking, are the only ones singled out as being apparently dangerous. Corbyn obviously isn't.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes, it's true, I do insult politicians, they often deserve it, and I sometimes take a swipe on here when I'm insulted first, just like everyone else does,.

Serious question....
Why do you feel the need to insult 'politicians'?
Some individuals like Boris Johnston are self serving liars I grant you, deserving of insults - and maybe there are issues of integrity involving some Remain supporting MPs; but most MPs are getting extreme flak for simply doing the job we elected them to do - and doing it to the best of their ability.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The poster had made a serious point about the clear lack of tolerance, and I like to think that he meant that it cuts both ways. With your choice of politicians, it just shows how right he was, as those to the right of you, politically speaking, are the only ones singled out as being apparently dangerous. Corbyn obviously isn't.

Corbyn isn’t dangerous, he’s just an ineffectual wimp.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't worry your little head about him and Trump too much. I am worried about all the vein bulging and nostril flaring that goes on here at the mention of their names. Do they keep you awake at night? Have you sought help about it? I find it amusing that they arouse such passion, such bile, such venom. Normally that is reserved for mass murderers, oppressors and dictators, not politicians.
Political figures used to be figures of fun, lampooned and satirised. Times have changed. There is no gentle ribbing anymore. Its full blown maniacal hate. No middle ground. Its the verbal war fought at the extremes and that is deeply worrying. Worrying that tolerance is disappearing from our society. The other viewpoint is no longer allowed. Instead of discussion it is insult. It is the refuge of the insecure and the intolerant.

Don't worry your little old head about the vein bulging and nostril flaring. None of that here. My post was written quite calmly. You are reading far too much into it.

You are evidently relaxed about Nige and Trump in charge, then. However my post was not directed at you. It was about people who positively and immutably support these charlatans and will do so to their dying breath. Surely you're not one of them?

If we ever lived in an age when politicians like these were widely tolerated, I don't remember it, and I don't hanker for it. Politiciancs used to use the expression 'call a spade a spade' but they rarely ever did. We have had crooks in government in the past (Stonehouse, Archer and others) and they usually end up behind bars. Sadly it will probably take a spell in chokey to break the spell these latest charmers seem to have over people. Perhaps including you? ???

Anyway, good effort at being patronising. :thumbsup:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Corbyn isn’t dangerous, he’s just an ineffectual wimp.

It is astonishing to me that Gove, I think, said he had to save us from the disaster of Jeremy Corbyn. Is he trying to infer that this Government has been a success? It beggars belief that anyone can swallow this complete BS.
Whichever way you want to look at this Governments achievements regarding the explosion of food banks , the number of children in poverty, the number of homeless, people living on the streets what sort of disaster are you talking about?
I saw a headline recently that said we are approaching the levels of inequality in the U.S.A. Is that our ambition?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is astonishing to me that Gove, I think, said he had to save us from the disaster of Jeremy Corbyn. Is he trying to infer that this Government has been a success? It beggars belief that anyone can swallow this complete BS.
Whichever way you want to look at this Governments achievements regarding the explosion of food banks , the number of children in poverty, the number of homeless, people living on the streets what sort of disaster are you talking about?
I saw a headline recently that said we are approaching the levels of inequality in the U.S.A. Is that our ambition?

Quite. Now is the time for a Tory leader who can show some humility, admit to failings and genuinely try to put some things right.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For a party formed only 2 months ago, to get 30% of vote is quite staggering whatever side you're on. Go on, admit it, many of you are absolutely terrified.

What did Nigel Farage say .... Peterborough 200 and something on our list of targets in a GE. If they can do this at Peterborough, just think about the disruption caused to the two party system if 'Brexit' isn't resolved by the next election. Whether you like him or not, he's always very transparent and in these days of prevaricating, weasel politicians this resonates with the punters.

Maybe it's about time Farage stood again at a constituency election ? is it five or six times he has failed now ? maybe that's because he very transparent ?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Is it just their position on brexit that you like? I do not know of their other policies (do they have any?), but based on the comments of individual Brexit Party members, are you for scientific research into curing homosexuality?

.... don't forget their promise to 'terrorise the political elite' - that's an essential tool of a populist party. They like using violent language to stir up anger and resentment by suggesting that there is a conspiracy to frustrate 'the will of the people', whatever that means.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't worry your little head about him and Trump too much. I am worried about all the vein bulging and nostril flaring that goes on here at the mention of their names. Do they keep you awake at night? Have you sought help about it? I find it amusing that they arouse such passion, such bile, such venom. Normally that is reserved for mass murderers, oppressors and dictators, not politicians.
Political figures used to be figures of fun, lampooned and satirised. Times have changed. There is no gentle ribbing anymore. Its full blown maniacal hate. No middle ground. Its the verbal war fought at the extremes and that is deeply worrying. Worrying that tolerance is disappearing from our society. The other viewpoint is no longer allowed. Instead of discussion it is insult. It is the refuge of the insecure and the intolerant.

May I refer you to Trump, Donald . See, Border Wall : Mexico and Travel Ban : Muslims . Your post is worryingly accurate !

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Worrying that tolerance is disappearing from our society. The other viewpoint is no longer allowed. Instead of discussion it is insult. It is the refuge of the insecure and the intolerant.

When you do some digging and research into what the Trump administration has been doing, you realise exactly why people have been gathering to try and enlighten those who may not know.

And to a point, i'm ****ing DELIGHTED that tolerance is disappearing - where there is tolerance, apathy usually lies not far behind, and that's what the politicians want; you to agree and carry on without even questioning what they are doing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is a terrible response. The cat is out the bag, we all know what it mea2nd and yet, depsite reporting their posts NOTHING happens.
It is sounding more and more like the mods condoning this nazi view. If the poster is not banned the mids are condoning this.

Again in English?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here