Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What are you doing tomorrow?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going to Mandurah for the day with wifey.
Will see the abandoned castle and visit the markets on the quay.
Probably see dolphins in the harbour and get Chilli Mussels at Cicerellos.
It is a 40min drive though and 36 degrees forecast.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Going to Mandurah for the day with wifey.
Will see the abandoned castle and visit the markets on the quay.
Probably see dolphins in the harbour and get Chilli Mussels at Cicerellos.
It is a 40min drive though and 36 degrees forecast.

After church, I trust.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
After church I shall be waging war on the ant colony that thinks my home is their home!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
After church I shall be waging war on the ant colony that thinks my home is their home!

Can you get a product called Rid there ?
It is great, you put a few drops down and then they flock to it in great numbers.
They consume it all and more if you put more down, they take it back to the nest and pass it round.
Job done and you never see them again.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Sorry, I assume with your location as ‘Downunder’, that you are here.
Only just noticed it, your local IGA will have stock.
Much better to use than the crap powders that get into everything.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Get home, sleep, wake, workout, food, work for 9pm for night shift :-(

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Sorry, I assume with your location as ‘Downunder’, that you are here.
Only just noticed it, your local IGA will have stock.
Much better to use than the crap powders that get into everything.

Hi Mike, yes here Downunder. We’ve used Ant Rid but they are still around in their thousands (millions?)

Just had a full on spray in and out with professional strength Mortein. Fingers crossed.

Little bar stewards!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Can you get a product called god there ?
It is great, you put a few drops down and then they flock to it in great numbers.
They consume it all and more if you put more down, they take it back to the nest and pass it round.
Job done and you always see them again.

Edited to give good summary of the church.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So no-one is actually doing anything in recognition of International Sex Workers' Rights Day, then?

A bit late to organise something, but now I'm aware, there's always the chance to put something in the diary for next year. You did a service.

Me, I shall be watching my daughter play in the quarterfinals of the County Cup, in what looks like being the middle of Storm Freya, so that should be interesting. And cold.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hi Mike, yes here Downunder. We’ve used Ant Rid but they are still around in their thousands (millions?)

Just had a full on spray in and out with professional strength Mortein. Fingers crossed.

Little bar stewards!

In that case you can step it up a level, every 6 months I buy a product called Coopex.
It is a powder that you mix with water and spray with a pump pressure weed killer spray type thing.
You spray it around the perimeter of your house, in the doorsways and everywhere.
Don’t let pets near it when it is wet as it will make them sick, once it has dried it is ok.
It doesn’t kill the creatures, they just won’t cross it.
Every 6 months I do the following routine :- I put down about 12 of the plastic cockroach baits in various locations around the house, let off insect killing bombs in the 3 roof spaces, throw rodent bait bags into each of the 3 roof spaces and Coopex around the outside of the house.
As a result I don’t get any problems and no infestations, I do live in the hills so have to do this to keep everything at bay.
Had to put up with all sorts of invaders when I first got here, so had to wise up.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So how was church, everybody?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
In that case you can step it up a level, every 6 months I buy a product called Coopex.
It is a powder that you mix with water and spray with a pump pressure weed killer spray type thing.
You spray it around the perimeter of your house, in the doorsways and everywhere.
Don’t let pets near it when it is wet as it will make them sick, once it has dried it is ok.
It doesn’t kill the creatures, they just won’t cross it.
Every 6 months I do the following routine :- I put down about 12 of the plastic cockroach baits in various locations around the house, let off insect killing bombs in the 3 roof spaces, throw rodent bait bags into each of the 3 roof spaces and Coopex around the outside of the house.
As a result I don’t get any problems and no infestations, I do live in the hills so have to do this to keep everything at bay.
Had to put up with all sorts of invaders when I first got here, so had to wise up.

Thanks for the advice. It’s only ants that seem to be a problem. Haven’t seen anything else freaky apart from one huge spider!

I’ve put Rid under the bathroom sinks today and the little blighters are lapping it up so hopefully will take it back to the nest.

I’m beginning to think the whole house is on one giant ant nest:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here