Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Official Albion v Manchester City FA Cup semi-final planning thread Sat 6th April, 17.30pm

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The team first out of the hat is presumably the designated 'home' team? Can't say I remember whether us or City were picked first? - although judging by all the posts above I assume we are the 'away' team

The Beeb are showing Citeh as the home team.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This year, the Saturday semi-final is being held on the same day as the Grand National, which is shown live on ITV. This could mean the Saturday semi-final kicks-off after the race to avoid a TV clash.

Have you started planning your William Hill shops route to Wembley yet

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Web site is showing as being on Saturday

With kick off time TBC

fix.jpg

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Grand National starts at 5.15pm, I would guess the TV companies would want to avoid a clash with that.

That would suggest a 5:45 kick off or 12:30. Suspect Man City would prefer the latter as that would give them more recovery time for their CL match. However, we know the tv companies don't include those reasons in their deliberations!!!!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
For those driving into London, especially from the north or west, I really recommend South Ruislip, which is just off the A40 at the exit named "Polish War Memorial". The station (HA4 6TP) has an NCP and council car park close by. There is also some space in local streets. The Middlesex Arms is a friendly pub on football days. There are two overground (Chiltern Line) trains an hour to Wembley Stadium station which is much nearer the stadium than the tube. The journey takes about ten minutes. The Middlesex is my local, and a lot of Spurs fans use it for their matchdays.

The Middlesex Arms. Know it well. QPR stronghold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
That would suggest a 5:45 kick off or 12:30. Suspect Man City would prefer the latter as that would give them more recovery time for their CL match. However, we know the tv companies don't include those reasons in their deliberations!!!!

12.30 isn’t an option due to the live football ‘blackout’ on Saturday afternoons

With extra time and pens it would go beyond the 2.45pm cut off.

It will almost certainly be 5.30pm or later.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here