[Albion] What a shocking performance today vs Millwall

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We would have won comfortably in 90 mins if the blatant pen was awarded, the foul on Murray was given before they scored and the offside which wasn't went our way

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Worst performance of all time? You must be about 12 years old if that’s the worst you’ve ever seen us play.

Anyway, we are in the FA Cup semi final. Chill out and enjoy.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night. The only players to avoid criticism were Solly and Locadia. Oh, and Stephens had one of his better games in spite of one or two awful passes. Unless we up our game considerably we'll be relegated and spanked by City at Wembley.

And I'd forgotten how boring our singing is at away games. Constant renditions of various songs about how we hate Palace. Who really cares? How about some songs supporting our team?

Not impressed with the win. We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it. A very bad day at the office.

So... earlier you were calling a woman a skeleton with skin pulled over her face and now you are doing this. You are either a WUM, an idiot or are on a weekend bender, or all of that.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tedious miserable troll is a tedious miserable troll.

As it has always been, so it shall always be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What's the point in pretending the first 88 minutes didn't happen?

Maybe its because semi final opportunities dont come along too often and you enjoy it for a while....maybe because on the day its all about winning.. playing better and losing doesn't get you through....perhaps its because people will always find something to moan about no matter what happens....maybe its because we all know the OP loves a big rod

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep Montoya, wow how bad was he? (Very) how the hell did he play for Barca. Maybe 10 attempts at crossing and every one dreadful.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
One of them was flawless, the assistant referee made a mistake and cost him an assist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe its because semi final opportunities dont come along too often and you enjoy it for a while....maybe because on the day its all about winning.. playing better and losing doesn't get you through....perhaps its because people will always find something to moan about no matter what happens

I'm certainly not moaning and wouldn't have started the thread.
But now it's here there's no point pretending we watched an FA Cup semi final/Premier League worthy performance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crikey, the OP makes literally everyone else in life look like optimists.

Can’t recall such a lopsided doom and gloom view of Albion life.

Anyone would think that our stadium has just been stolen and we’re effectively about to cease as a club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That has to be up there with the worst Albion performances of all time. We couldn't pass (constantly passing to Millwall players or straight into touch), some comedy defending, seemingly no game-plan or structure, failure to win defensive headers … and all this with our strongest team against a team struggling against relegation from the Championship. At times we looked like a Sunday League pub team after a particularly late and boozy Saturday night. The only players to avoid criticism were Solly and Locadia. Oh, and Stephens had one of his better games in spite of one or two awful passes. Unless we up our game considerably we'll be relegated and spanked by City at Wembley.

And I'd forgotten how boring our singing is at away games. Constant renditions of various songs about how we hate Palace. Who really cares? How about some songs supporting our team?

Not impressed with the win. We didn't deserve it and didn't play like we wanted it. A very bad day at the office.

The last 5 Prem teams to go there have lost, until today.

But never mind about the football, if you can't derive pleasure from the result and move on then you have a problem.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Op has it all right but i still had the best time ever! Football's a funny old game eh?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

image.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But now it's here there's no point pretending we watched an FA Cup semi final/Premier League worthy performance.

Yes. But not sure it matters and the resilience of not accepting defeat isn’t to be sniffed at.

PS: Was Man City’s performance “worthy” last night ? (VAR would have meant at best extra time for them / and they only turned up after 70 mins against a mid table champ side)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ha ha, all about the result today. Nothing else matters. I’m so looking forward to us playing at Wembley again. And that trumps everythong

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm not sure anyone has said that.....but on the other hand people rightly are going to enjoy the moment ...because this is Cup and league form isn't kinda relevant ...and we did something that Everton couldn't manage and lets face it if the officials were on the game then we might have had it easier....but then we would have missed out on that drama :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here