Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Don't know if anybody has watched American Gods. Second series has just started in the States. I found it took a bit of getting into but really enjoyed it - and Ian McShane puts in a very good performance.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I am watching "Kingdom" on Netflix, Korean series. do not watch the dubbed version, go for subtitles-whilst not detracting from the program, some are unintentionally quite funny. Without giving too much away its a zombie/political period piece-cuddly "walking dead" style zombies these arent.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Bit of a :bounce:, presently 4 episodes in to S2.

Brilliant Scandi noir, one of the best ones imho. Pretty dark stuff.

Just binged the first one and it's excellent. Excellent. I'd forgotten til I searched for your post to digitally high-five you, that there was a second series, and hope that all the characters I've become quite attached to - and want to find out what happened to them - reappear. The perfect watch for cold dark March evenings! :thumbsup:

Though as an 'antidote' to the gloom, the slick, chucklesome, highly enjoyable Billions has just started again...

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Bit of a :bounce:, presently 4 episodes in to S2.

Brilliant Scandi noir, one of the best ones imho. Pretty dark stuff.

Bravo, sir. Just finished the second series and loved it. Plots you can get behind, a broad cast of actors without taut chins and chiselled bodies that you utterly believe, top top stuff.

Hope there's a third, I really enjoy Tom Stilton's company!

Going to search around for the Icelandic one you recommended last - Soronjen?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I recommended Stranger Things to Jnr and surprisingly it still holds up, so I'm enjoying it for a second time.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Mindhunter was a great watch for me. Drama following 2 FBI agents as they attempt to understand and catch serial killers by studying their damaged psyches. Along the way, the agents pioneer the development of modern serial-killer profiling.

Cast your mind back - did you recognise the "secondary" detective's wife from a very unobscure British sitcom circa 2001?!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Bravo, sir. Just finished the second series and loved it. Plots you can get behind, a broad cast of actors without taut chins and chiselled bodies that you utterly believe, top top stuff.

Hope there's a third, I really enjoy Tom Stilton's company!

Going to search around for the Icelandic one you recommended last - Soronjen?

Yep, Bordertown (Sorjonen) is good, I think there's a new series out soon. Talking of Finnish thrillers, just started on Ivalo or Arctic Circle (3 episodes in) which is in English, Finnish and Russian. Promising.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Haven’t got time to do a search so apologies if fixtures but caught the first episode of Project Blue Book on Syfy last night.

If you’re into that sort of thing [x files, fringe etc] then worth a go.

Expect the character depth and to a certain extent based on true accounts angle to make it good.

Has already been given a second series as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here