Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Rats.How to deal with them.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
We live next to an old disused railway line with associated woodland. Fortunately our two cats deal with mice, rats and other rodents, including squirrels as evidenced in the attached photo 3281DBEE-3EA2-4A7B-9BD7-E390E424FD98.jpeg

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
How do they feel about living underneath cladding?

They love it. Amplifies their repetitive, droning mating call, giving the perception that they're louder than they really are.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The rats on the footpath/cycle lane near Sainsbury's are a real pest. They don't half scare the shit out of shoppers when they dash across the pavement. It's something the shop should take responsibility for although I can see it getting worse. They survived the winter, there's enough food dropped regularly to keep them going through the warmer months.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We live next to an old disused railway line with associated woodland. Fortunately our two cats deal with mice, rats and other rodents, including squirrels as evidenced in the attached photoView attachment 105752

I got an infraction once for posting similar. Mind you, it was a human being in that one. Speciesists (mods).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
We had a rat that got into the house last year - but only as far as the cavity wall. However, this gave him (or her) access to the loft. We got a guy in who put down something nasty for the rat to consume but his visits didn't seem to diminish. I worked out that he had to leave the house as there was no water (or food) supply. So I rigged up a simple 'barrier' on hole he accessed to get in. When this showed he'd left the building I filled up the hole and he couldn't get back in. (Note: the worst thing would have been to fill up the hole while he was still in: the idea of a dead rate lying in the cavity wall wasn't a good thought.)

Ratty had been with us for about 2-3 weeks and it was not pleasant. I wished I'd thought of my 'solution' a bit earlier.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
1) Rent cellar beneath the House of Commons

2) Purchase quantity of gunpowder

3) Light fuse and retire to a safe distance

*Note to self. Don't send letter to member of House of Lords telling them to stay away from House of Commons on 5 November

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here