Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Did you know Palarse have been awarded 9 penalties this season in 30 leagues games i.e. one in every 3 games or so. Can't beliveve the ref's keep falling for it - it will be interesting to see if VAR alters that next season!?

Watching them at first hand on Saturday that seems to be their prime tactic. The plan just seemed to be run around a lot and wait to get fouled, with very little thought given to creating decent shooting opportunities

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Thought it was a penalty from what I saw on TV, just as their penalty at the Amex was a clear enough one too.

(It's quite pleasing being fair and equitable about these things after we've just got six points from Palace.)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thought it was a penalty from what I saw on TV

But, watching the clip above, what makes it a penalty? Where is the contact?

It LOOKS like a trip because AT dives so well - but isn't imo.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think the problem nowadays is always having to establish if there was contact. In the good old days, it was simply a question of was it deliberate, which is much clearer and easier to judge. That is why many more penalties are given nowadays and why you're getting a lot more players diving as a result!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Well not a great day for us obviously, Neither team played well but we should have made more of the chances and possession we had.

Two good goals from Glenn and the dirty french git though for you lot. See you next season, Or at Wembley maybe!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Neither team played well
Not sure about that. Obviously we weren't turning on the style, but our game plan was to be organised and defend, and then hit you on the break. That tactic took a major blow when our pacey striker got injured during the warm up, but we managed to do it anyway with grandpa Murray. You can't say we didn't defend well (therefore play well), with your only goal following that dive from Townsend. Maybe it should have been a penalty anyway, but it's difficult to tell with him deliberately leaving his leg behind and throwing himself to the floor.

See you next season, Or at Wembley maybe!
Aye.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Since the start of last season, Palace have been awarded 19 penalties in the Premier League - that is 6 more than any other side. For a lower-midtable junk team like them, that is an astonishing stat.

Its their primary, number 1 tactic as soon as they get in the box. They are cheating filthy weasels, and if there's any justice in the game, they'll take that 18th spot in May and the division will finally be shot of them and their weekly diving antics. They would not be missed.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Not sure about that. Obviously we weren't turning on the style, but our game plan was to be organised and defend, and then hit you on the break. That tactic took a major blow when our pacey striker got injured during the warm up, but we managed to do it anyway with grandpa Murray. You can't say we didn't defend well (therefore play well), with your only goal following that dive from Townsend. Maybe it should have been a penalty anyway, but it's difficult to tell with him deliberately leaving his leg behind and throwing himself to the floor.

Aye.

You did defend well Trigger, I will give you that.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Since the start of last season, Palace have been awarded 19 penalties in the Premier League - that is 6 more than any other side. For a lower-midtable junk team like them, that is an astonishing stat.

Its their primary, number 1 tactic as soon as they get in the box. They are cheating filthy weasels, and if there's any justice in the game, they'll take that 18th spot in May and the division will finally be shot of them and their weekly diving antics. They would not be missed.

We have a few fast and tricky players that teams keep fouling in the box, Maybe teams should try and stand them up rather than offer the leg or dive in.
Yet to see a really soft pen given to us this season, Silly full backs need to learn Wilf and co are too quick for them in the box.

Would your style of play be missed by neutrals in this league?.... Nope..not for a minute.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Has the Palace 'penalty' been discussed? Sure, Proper lunges, but where is the contact?!

[tweet]1105092079288549376[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/warrenchrismas/status/1105092079288549376

This clip will be circulating around training grounds as we speak. The perfect way to 'draw the foul', or how to con the ref into getting a penalty. Love the way he drags his right leg when he sees Gross's leg go out and is preparing to leap as soon as he can feel the hairs on Gross's leg. He actually leaps 4 foot with no momentum other than his own. Perfect ****.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Q
We have a few fast and tricky players that teams keep fouling in the box, Maybe teams should try and stand them up rather than offer the leg or dive in.
Yet to see a really soft pen given to us this season, Silly full backs need to learn Wilf and co are too quick for them in the box.

Would your style of play be missed by neutrals in this league?.... Nope..not for a minute.

Saturday’s was very soft and AT was on his way down before any contact was made...cheats

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Given the 2 year head start we gave you, you've not progressed much have you? You like are stinking the Premier League out. Although your calamity defensive pairing will keep the neutral amused no doubt

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Saturdays pen was as soft as they come. I can see why the ref gave it, but Townsend was clever, and snide. He was already on his way down before any contact was made, but at full speed that makes it very hard for the officials. Your mob have turned it into an artform, led by the king swivel-eyed gravity whore of them all. The likes of Townsend are clearly learning from the master.

I have no doubt this technique has been practiced and practiced and perfected on the Palace training ground (after the players have finished their ratburgers). 19 penalties in a season and a half. NINETEEN.

Ridiculous.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I was always secretly jealous of the fans who saw us win when McShane got the winner. No need to Anymore as I was at Selhurst on Saturday. Obviously the home game also. Doubles don't come round often especially if you are Palace

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I was always secretly jealous of the fans who saw us win when McShane got the winner. No need to Anymore as I was at Selhurst on Saturday. Obviously the home game also. Doubles don't come round often especially if you are Palace

Indeed, not sure of accuracy as i haven't checked, but i read the last time they did the double over us, Goofy was making his first appearance on cinema screens and Hitler had just been given German citizenship, 1932

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here