Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Super injunction business man named in Parliament

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i dont believe in UK NDA trump law, i.e. if you have witnessed a crime and told not to discuss under NDA, the NDA is unenforceable. what you can do is make a settlement make that subject to NDA.
My point being that it's currently legal to put things in that are utter b###### that any solicitor would pick apart in minutes.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
i dont believe in UK NDA trump law, i.e. if you have witnessed a crime and told not to discuss under NDA, the NDA is unenforceable. what you can do is make a settlement make that subject to NDA.

But that's just the point. By all natural justice, an NDA shouldn't trump criminal justice. But if you're of a certain mentality — such as a Trump like authoritarian that considers legalities as simply matters of power and not justice, indeed even makes them think they should be immune to it — then it's very tempting to think money should trump justice.

The lawyers involved should know better, and I think action for those that acted (or bullied) in this way, is one of several ways the Weinstein case points to a need for change.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
was one of two i thought this would be.

he gave £300 million injection to the BHS pension. much was made about whether he sold the business to avoid liability in the first place, end of the pension was dragging the business down and he put up the money in the end.
Which is over 100m less than he paid out in legal fees.

Wonder if he will have to sell the boat ?

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here