Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What’s a Fusion and why is it banned?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
5 years is fair, he's made a boob and is paying a price for it. Yes, it's quite lenient, but the circumstances have presumably been taken into consideration. He's probably more daft than cunning and calculated he's dropped a clanger but there's no need to write him off for life. He'll be back, and he'll be far more mature. £350 pales into insignificance for 5 years lost. :down:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Five years is right for an under-18.

As for those complaining about the fact he blames his mental health, well I guess they haven't had mental health issues. Having them is a struggle and makes it even harder to make the sort of judgement call required not to make it into an excuse. Expecting someone with a mental health problem to make the best and most rational decisions is ridiculous.

He's a kid with problems who made a mistake. Stop bullying him, he's paid the price.

Suffered with mental health problems for most of my teenage years and most of my early/mid 20’s.

Have I done stupid things? Yes.
Have I gone out of my way to risk fellow Albion fans a lifetime ban from watching Brighton for my own personal game? Err, no.

Mental health is a horrible thing, especially at a young age but it isn’t a get out of jail free card for doing something wrong.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He made a mistake, fronted up about it and has taken his punishment on the chin. I really don't get why the internet needs to pile in on him.
He got caught, sentence has been passed, move on.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

As for those complaining about the fact he blames his mental health, well I guess they haven't had mental health issues. Having them is a struggle and makes it even harder to make the sort of judgement call required not to make it into an excuse. Expecting someone with a mental health problem to make the best and most rational decisions is ridiculous.

He's a kid with problems who made a mistake. Stop bullying him, he's paid the price.

This more or less.

He's been a very silly boy, he has been punished and he'll learn from it.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
How many of us did far worse at 17?

Selling home tickets to City fans was well out of order.

The ban is justified, but let the lad learn his lesson in peace.

TB

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Not sure you understand how the internet works.

A place for frustrated folk to elevate their desire for social superiority. He's hardly the latest bogeyman.

He did wrong. He was punished. It's over. Tomorrow's chip paper.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Comparing actions is never a reasonable idea. He may be suffering from ailments similar to what other people have experienced, but comparing how those ailments have affected one person have no relevance when talking about his actions. Who knows what he felt compelled to do, it's not reasonable to be trying to guess. Clearly, he needs to talk to someone about his issues and hopefully this will be the wake up call. He made a bad decision and he's paying the price for it, but let's not decide the kid's no good and never will be.

And for the record, I don't know him - don't think I've met him and don't intend to. But I don't like the idea of people with no knowledge of his situation making definitive comments about him. I'm sure he'll read this thread and I want him, and everyone else, to know that I'm only an IM away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If he is genuinely suffering then until he seeks help and it is proven, people will be, rightly, sceptical. Otherwise people will be claiming the undiagnosed mental illness card for everything wrong they have done and for which they have been caught doing!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure if this will work but...

4a8369f7c749267ace7e087161ac3396.jpg
3ad3df500e2267ae2a6233ebc48481dc.jpg
3177186baaa30a32604ae15a7e90fc97.jpg
c5e9c7b0246ec4e7add6fe189e16be43.jpg

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Attention seeking ****, male version of Katie Price in the making.

As well as being a complete wally, his biggest problem appears to be that he’s not particularly savvy, financially.
If he made £350 quid profit from 17 tickets - thats roughly £20 additional on each ticket.
This, selling to City fans, who were supposedly willing to pay up to £500 each, doesn’t seem a very worthwhile business risk.

What an absolute idiot
When I read "he then sold those tickets on to City fans for a 350 quid profit", I did wonder if it meant £350 per ticket...

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Ruck me! No one died. I funded my WC2002 adventure by buying loads of tickets and flogging them - did help that I had 6 Japan v Russia tickets.

Hope the club rescind or reduce the ban and give him a slap on the wrists. Well that’s my personal view.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1) Hes always been a likeable lad in the videos but not my thing and a little cringe
2) Saying he’s a figure at BHA or whatever is very silly and delusional
3) Very poor mistake to make - especially using the club he loves
4) Don’t like anyone getting life bans - 5 years is a long time - a year would have done imo - he’s only 17
5) His apology which really goes on about the mental health thing does him no favours at all and seems a poor excuse
6) I hope he learns from it and carries on following he Albion from afar etc.

My opinions on it - both positive and negative.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ruck me! No one died. I funded my WC2002 adventure by buying loads of tickets and flogging them - did help that I had 6 Japan v Russia tickets.

Hope the club rescind or reduce the ban and give him a slap on the wrists. Well that’s my personal view.

Yeh I’d like them to reduce it to 1 year - we’ve all done stupid things especially in business / Money - think the lad deserves another chance.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The best thing Fusion can do is donate the £350 to a charity of the Albion's choosing and throw himself on the club's mercy in the hope of a reduced ban.

At the very least, it will show that his love for the Albion outweighs the desire for profiteering at the expense of other supporters.

Regardless of whether the club decide to show some mercy, it's the right thing to do, would show him in a better light and might just help to restore some trust.

It should go without saying that this should be done privately and without the need for any further public comment from him, especially vlogging.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The best thing Fusion can do is donate the £350 to a charity of the Albion's choosing and throw himself on the club's mercy in the hope of a reduced ban.

At the very least, it will show that his love for the Albion outweighs the desire for profiteering at the expense of other supporters.

Regardless of whether the club decide to show some mercy, it's the right thing to do, would show him in a better light and might just help to restore some trust.

It should go without saying that this should be done privately and without the need for any further public comment from him, especially vlogging.

Excellent point. But he’s only 17 so may need suggesting this..

Anyone know him or does he post on here? Do him a favour and suggest him to do this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here