Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Working from home and the tea bag mountain

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I used to drink 3-4 mugs of tea in the morning before work, 1 litre mug as well so it was a double bagger. At work I can get through a solid 6-7 mugs on early and night turns, 4-5 on a late turn.

Needless to say its the Yorkshire Tea catering bags to keep the costs down at home, if only they did Gold catering bags, fortunately work have started supplying Yorkshire as well rather than PG, vile stuff.

Love my tea and love PG!
Couldn't drink as much as you; my bladder couldn't take it at my age!:ohmy::lolol:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Todays effort (only 7 and using 1 from yesterday). View attachment 110433
Doesn't matter what type of teabag, it's the size of the tea bag holder.

You can also use normal tea making implements to assist - in the above you can see clearly the use of two teaspoons for support

Mrs G has a stainless steel bowl thingy on the tea station tray area allocated for this very important procedure and I must say this receptacle is able to hold an astonishing amount of used tea bags ( Yorkshire obviously) and I must state here and now that there have been times during our long and sometimes stormy relationship where I have even been known to administer the dried contents of this SS bowl into the available receptacle for household waste allocated guite near to the afore mentioned tea station area? This can be for many reasons! I.e. Overflowing, five o'clock shadow appearing on the eldest used tea bags, sheer laziness from Mrs G, etc etc.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Love my tea and love PG!
Couldn't drink as much as you; my bladder couldn't take it at my age!:ohmy::lolol:

I'm not knocking PG drinkers but almost every bad cuppa I've ever had has been PG. Work used to provide the catering bags of PG and no one used them so they'd have sat for months between cups so they'd have that funny taste. The Yorkshire bags we use now don't last long at all so they're always fresh.

IMG_20190530_132800.jpg

I've also been known to double up when required.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This. My woman has a mother. Her mother NEVER throws her teabags away. She leaves them in the sink, in cups, on the side. She leaves them EVERYWHERE but in the bin. I have taken to piling them up in a saucer by the kettle. I do this to serve as a reminder that teabags, once used, need to be disposed of. There are currently 20 used teabags on a saucer by the kettle. She still hasn’t got the message. I hate that woman.

I'd suggest putting them in her coat pockets. She might get the message then.

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not knocking PG drinkers but almost every bad cuppa I've ever had has been PG. Work used to provide the catering bags of PG and no one used them so they'd have sat for months between cups so they'd have that funny taste. The Yorkshire bags we use now don't last long at all so they're always fresh.

View attachment 110533

Yorkshire Tea - lucky so and so. My employer is very generous with free drinks but unfortunately the tea bags they provide are Tetley - one of the weakest, tasteless tea bags known to man. Take in my own M&S bags as even two bags in a cup doesn't work for Tetley.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So thought this was quite topical considering the current sitch. Managed to get up to 9 today. Pushing for a new record. Mrs Narly has agreed that if I can clean the kitchen the mountain/tower can stay.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
So thought this was quite topical considering the current sitch. Managed to get up to 9 today. Pushing for a new record. Mrs Narly has agreed that if I can clean the kitchen the mountain/tower can stay.

You needed to get permission first?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I always went for Yorkshire tea. Then one day I grabbed Asda everyday range tea bags while in a hurry. A happy accident. Genuinely great cuppa and I always but then now. It was a real surprise. Asda produce is usually shockingly bad.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007

View attachment 110533

A) I've have a "worlds biggest seagulls fan" mug which holds about a pint of tea, to big to have a brew in (gets too cold at the bottom) but is used for WFH tea bag holder - easly holds 20-25 tea bags

B) what do the knobs do in the backround of you picture ?

C) why is the grid not filled with twidlde knobs ? is it a form of Knob Chess ?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
A) I've have a "worlds biggest seagulls fan" mug which holds about a pint of tea, to big to have a brew in (gets too cold at the bottom) but is used for WFH tea bag holder - easly holds 20-25 tea bags

B) what do the knobs do in the backround of you picture ?

C) why is the grid not filled with twidlde knobs ? is it a form of Knob Chess ?

My home mug is a Mr. Greedy double bagger, also about a pint and used regularly.

The knobs are for controlling the signalling where I work. Yellow for signals, black for points.

If the grid were completely filled it'd be a lot harder to figure out what was going on.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Todays effort (only 7 and using 1 from yesterday). View attachment 110433
Doesn't matter what type of teabag, it's the size of the tea bag holder.

You can also use normal tea making implements to assist - in the above you can see clearly the use of two teaspoons for support

We have the exact same tea bag plate and my wife beats the crap out of you, she will stack and pile and dump until they cascade all over the worktop. It's only ever me that deals with it. It's top of the list on the divorce papers

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
My tea of choice is M&S gold lable. They have been shut since March 16th. The day after I ran out :down:, and I refuse to drink Liptons.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This thread reminded me of a game of jenga the family played a few Christmas's ago. We had all drunk and I have no idea how it got to this point. I was the one that eventually knocked it over though..20200428_213340.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I refer you to my previous comment.

That's pretty disgusting. Leaving used teabags out. WTF is wrong with you?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Excellent bounce.

I am now WFH (which I've always secretly wanted to do). I'm still on my one tea in the morning routine, occasionally two. But in the afternoon I've become partial to a cup of (instant) coffee, with a dash of single CREAM stirred in. Makes it taste kind of like a non-alcohol irish coffee, I've quite taken to it.

Of course come 3.30 - 4pm, I start thinking of cracking open a tinny. I succumbed twice last week, on quiet days. And I put The Chase on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I always went for Yorkshire tea. Then one day I grabbed Asda everyday range tea bags while in a hurry. A happy accident. Genuinely great cuppa and I always but then now. It was a real surprise. Asda produce is usually shockingly bad.

It’s decent isn’t it, Sainsbury’s tea is too. I found the taste of Yorkshire tea a bit too strong.

Lidl own brand red label bags do the job for us. Always cheap and even cheaper at the moment - 79p for 160 currently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here