Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ianis Hagi

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Can certainly take a good corner. Good goal to the back post over a tall keeper. And looks like he can shoot with both feet (not both together.)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In the Romanian Cup Final this weekend alongside our Tudor Baluta.

Is it pay on the gate ? ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Incidentally. my Romanian assistant tells me the way to pronounce Baluta is Balootsa.

The way to pronounce Baluta is Barloota; however, the player's name is Băluță - which is, indeed, pronounced Balootsa

And the i is not silent in Hagi

I spent a happy few months studying Romanian before a trip there, it's a fascinating language - anyone with a good understanding of Latin could get to grips with it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My Romanian colleague came to the game on Sunday and bought an Andone shirt.
Looking at his face, as he put it on, you'd have thought all birthdays and Christmas' had come at once.

Occasionally I wish I wasn't a tired, jaded, old fat man. :lol:

Occasionally so do we :wink:

A Canadian mate of mine still has his cherished Molango shirt from when I drove him to Watford away (1-1, Virgo equaliser) some years ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The way to pronounce Baluta is Barloota; however, the player's name is Băluță - which is, indeed, pronounced Balootsa

And the i is not silent in Hagi

I spent a happy few months studying Romanian before a trip there, it's a fascinating language - anyone with a good understanding of Latin could get to grips with it

I just put 'what did the Romanians ever do for us?' into google translator to generate the Latin, for low comedy purposes, then checked the result by translating it back into English. This is what I got:

What we do is always in the air moved over us

What the actual ****?

Might be amusing to start a thread of the finest work of Google translator :lolol:

Edit: Perhaps this is how Phil Collins could generate new song titles to revive his moribund career.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Occasionally so do we :wink:

A Canadian mate of mine still has his cherished Molango shirt from when I drove him to Watford away (1-1, Virgo equaliser) some years ago.

I am going to be unnervingly popular if the club sings Haji.

That really isnt going to sit well with me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just put 'what did the Romanians ever do for us?' into google translator to generate the Latin, for low comedy purposes, then checked the result by translating it back into English. This is what I got:

What we do is always in the air moved over us

What the actual ****?

Might be amusing to start a thread of the finest work of Google translator :lolol:

Romanians have kept our economy moving and have kept the Tarquins and Tabithas of this country out of low paid jobs. :lol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Get you with your fancy keyboard!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here