Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] (H)Arry's heroes. The Full English.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was quite good will download it tonight to save the boring adverts

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Who were said to be 3rd in the Premier League so just shows the standard of Ladies football. No doubt I will get slated but i think that it showed it up a team of over 50s over weight and unfit but they still won.

Crystal Palace Ladies are not in the Premier League. They're in the Championship.
Brighton women are in the Premier League.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Who were said to be 3rd in the Premier League so just shows the standard of Ladies football. No doubt I will get slated but i think that it showed it up a team of over 50s over weight and unfit but they still won.

If you believe what you see on the TV.

I actually really enjoyed it, but it was completely contrived. There was absolutely no chance in hell those players played a full game.

Ran about a bit for the cameras.

Here says someone who worked on a shoot with Steve Davis who had just come back from holiday (sun burnt) and was completely out of practice.

I "potted" his shots after he left. Albeit from 10 inches with a close up from the camera.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Seeing the list of subs at the end of the programme, they had a few names not featured: Steve Howey, Paul Walsh, Lee Hendrie, Michael Thomas & Andy Gray (not that one), but also Alan Kennedy. Fair play to him, at 64 he's a decade or more older than most of them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
There was a good programme in there somewhere, trying to get out, but ruined by too many staged / 'scripted reality' scenes that insulted the intelligence of the viewer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Contrived or not, Fowler's goal was class.
I enjoyed the programme.

Haven't seen the second, but I will definitely enjoy it. Contrived doesn't have to mean it wasn't entertaining.

"Contrived" is only a problem when viewers genuinely believe that a young fit female team wouldn't run rings round a team of overweight late 40s men.

That was my only problem with the programme, but who am I to argue with Harry's post Jungle contractual obligation :lolol::lolol:

BBC has Stacey Dooley, ITV has Harry.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got a bit confused about the 2nd program, was it about a football match or a constant medical on the health of Razor ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think, to be fair, this will be the spin off for a series about how well known footballers have frailties too and need help as much as the rest of use. Comments from Fowler to Merson, "I should have realised", and "You should have spoken to me", will be used to address mental health, types of body fat another issue and the problems that can cause along with overall health awareness.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ruddock really seems to be wasting everyone's time. Is it just me or does he and his missus look like people to avoid at all costs?

You saw her at her "best" when the High Court sheriffs were chasing him for money when he shafted a dog kennels on "Can't Pay We'll Take It Away".

And yes, she most certainly is!

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
I enjoyed it but was amazing how unfit and susceptible to injury they all were. Me and my mates are all in their age bracket, most of us overweight, but we can manage a 90 min jog round a football pitch without breaking down. Professional football must really take its toll on the body in later life.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well worth a watch

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Just watched the first episode on catch-up.

Some great moments, Razor lives round Hastings I think. Merson was a bit sad at how good he could have been had he not lived such an unhealthy lifestyle. Fowler still has his fitness it seems and Waddle still runs like he used to - tricky on the wing but looks well off balance. Sharpey looked the most with it - but then again he was off his head most of his career allegedly! The difference in the fitness between the players after strenuous training was huge.

Shame I know the result! Good TV and players from an era where footballers had more charisma it felt.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Why were some players not included in the programme? Steve Howey and Lee Hendrie ? Am pretty sure there were other subs made too ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here