Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] King Danny Dyer

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That was great, the mans tongue so firmly in his cheek.

And, related to a certified Saint,
Excellent stuff.
It was actually surprisingly good. A lot of youngsters, who are taught at school that history is just World War 1 and Britain's wicked involvement in the slave trade, should watch it and actually get a rough grasp of British history, in easy bites.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know it's all an act, the whole cockerney geezer personnae, but, the programme tonight was laugh out loud funny in p!aces. They should have told him about King William Rufus, who met his demise by having a red hot poker inserted in his 'bottle' (authentic cockerney rhyming slang)

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I know it's all an act, the whole cockerney geezer personnae, but, the programme tonight was laugh out loud funny in p!aces. They should have told him about King William Rufus, who met his demise by having a red hot poker inserted in his 'bottle' (authentic cockerney rhyming slang)
And left to die on the side of the road by the New Forest which is now known as Rufus Stone.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Danny Dyer isn't thick. Anyone who watched him on HIGNFY should realise that. He's playing up to a caricature and making a fortune out of it. Fair play to him.

And as [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION] said, history made interesting to those who wouldn't normally be interested is good. Like Horrible Histories.

I'll watch it with the nipper and see what he thinks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very funny, enjoyed watching that, nice to see someone that doesn't take themselves too seriously.

No surprise at some of the comments on here already :rolleyes:

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Why? Out of interest.

Oh God, for so many reasons, which build on each other. But since you ask...

1.) Dyer is an individual without particular virtues that I can discern.

2). He is an actor whose stock-in-trade is portrayal of and also reinforcement of stereotypical grisly male types...

3). ..types whose promulgation supports the BBC's social engineering policy of demonising masculinity so as to "femstroy" "gender-normalcy"

4). OK Maybe the programme hits some 'Horrible History' buttons... I don't agree (because HH is quite elegantly wrought by experts) but even if it were, put it on CBBC - but NO! I wouldn't want this crap poisoning my kids.

5). I pay for this crap, and the only alternative for me is to commit a crime by non-payment of my licence fee. Take away the licence fee and I couldn't care less what the BBC produces, let them die the death as their viewers renounce their supra-PC politics and flood to Netflix.

6). I discern a disgracefully toxic thread in BBC policy of putting up men in male roles who are ignorant/weedy/incompetent/desperate/weak/frothy etc etc. I refer you to my points 2 & 3.

It stinks.

So to draw together these points here, the BBC's apparatchiks are attacking masculinity, they are attacking men and if you are a (non LBGTetc) male they are attacking YOU, lessening your ability to stand up as a good, virtuous dude.

And Dyer's loud, ignorant persona as shown in this programme plays perfectly into their egregious narrative.

Oh, and PS 7). BBC is capable of doing bloody amazing things with history for all ages, where is the virtue in this dismal programming?

Back at you Lawro's left foot!

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well I quite enjoyed it.

Prefer the Lucy Worsley one on 4, but that doesn't appear to have a thread.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh God, for so many reasons, which build on each other. But since you ask...

1.) Dyer is an individual without particular virtues that I can discern.

2). He is an actor whose stock-in-trade is portrayal of and also reinforcement of stereotypical grisly male types...

3). ..types whose promulgation supports the BBC's social engineering policy of demonising masculinity so as to "femstroy" "gender-normacy"

4). OK Maybe the programme hits some 'Horrible History' buttons... I don't agree (because HH is quite elegantly wrought by experts) but even if it were, put it on CBBC - but NO! I wouldn't want this crap poisoning my kids.

5). I pay for this crap, and the only alternative for me is to commit a crime by non-payment of my licence fee. Take away the licence fee and I couldn't care less what the BBC produces, let them die the death as their viewers renounce their supra-PC politics and flood to Netflix.

6). I discern a disgracefully toxic thread in BBC policy of putting up men in male roles who are ignorant/weedy/incompetent/desperate/weak/frothy etc etc. I refer you to my points 2 & 3.

It stinks.

So to draw together these points here, the BBC's apparatchiks are attacking masculinity, they are attacking men and if you are a (non LBGTetc) male they are attacking YOU, lessening your ability to stand up as a good, virtuous dude.

And Dyer's loud, ignorant persona as shown in this programme plays perfectly into their egregious narrative.

Oh, and PS 7). BBC is capable of doing bloody amazing things with history for all ages, where is the virtue in this dismal programming?

Back at you Lawro's left foot!

I will put you down as a maybe for watching the rest of the series :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He was basically making fun at himself and using the f word, it was light entertainment and quite amusing in parts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here