Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Chelsea 3rd April

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How many of the starting XI for this will play 3 days later? Helps that it’s the start of a gruelling month rather than the finish.
Would you risk a couple of youngsters, give Burn or Balogun a run out?

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Steele

Schelotto
Ostigard
O'Hara
Rosenior

Sidwell
Butters
Kishishev

Hart
Sandaza
Cox

Give the u23 cb's and Steele a run out. Recall Schelotto for a game straight from the injury table. Rest everyone else.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Steele

Schelotto
Ostigard
O'Hara
Rosenior

Sidwell
Butters
Kishishev

Hart
Sandaza
Cox

Give the u23 cb's and Steele a run out. Recall Schelotto for a game straight from the injury table. Rest everyone else.
Lots of those not in the 25 man squad.

:albion2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Chuck the u16s out there then as they won't have to be registered

Play a normal strength team. Such line ups as suggested make a mockery of the game. I would not say "Oh well" to a 6-0 defeat. Especially if our season came down to goal difference.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How many of the starting XI for this will play 3 days later? Helps that it’s the start of a gruelling month rather than the finish.
Would you risk a couple of youngsters, give Burn or Balogun a run out?

All of them , I hope.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I of course made my posts in jest. Sarcasm. Of course we should play as strong a team as possible but have one eye on the cup semi as well.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think its on the Southampton result, no? Win (or possibly draw even) that game and we can rest key players for the cup. Lose it and I guess it'll be strongest available 11.

Either way, I'm looking forward to April, eight games in four weeks. It's like the old days!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best see who is injured or red carded in the Southampton game first before picking the Chelsea one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Send a team out good enough to win or get a point, just as likely as the Southampton game IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect the best available but not risking any possible doubts or not fully fit. Our cover in most positions won't let us down in Bong, Bruno Burn etc A lot will depend on a good result against Southampton

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Chances are people will regard the Chelsea XI as stronger than the City one.

The Southampton and Chelsea games will not be summarily dismissed by Hughton. Six possibly season defining points up for grabs before the City game even takes place, they must be given priority. Chelsea are particularly flaky at the moment, if we catch them on a moody day then a point (or even 3) maybe up for grabs.

Southampton have turned in a couple of decent performances of late and will see this as an opportunity to reel a team in, this will be one of the toughest games in our run-in. I think Ryan plays each game, Murray and Andone may be rotated, and the wide positions maybe interchanged as we have genuine first choice flexibility there. I'd be surprised if the likes Gyokores or Sanders did anything other than make the bench.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah brilliant, I've been waiting for a chance to say this:

Play the kids and reserves. Let's face it we're never going to beat Chelsea so what's the point in trying? We don't want the regular first-teamers to get injured, so save them for the important game.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
-------------------Ryan------------------
Montoya--Duffy--Dunk---Bernardo
-----------------Stephens---------------
----------Kayal-----------Bissouma---
March------------------------Izquierdo
------------------Locadia----------------

Subs
Button
Bong
Burn
Molumby
Jahanbaksh
Gyokeres
Andone

AK run himself into the ground today so let him recharge for next Sat, Propper took a knock and will be more suited to Wembley pitch and Murray struggling it as lone striker in this 4-3-3 and pace needed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would call the players in for training tomorrow and say you your performance against Southampton was an absolute disgrace you let the club. the supporters and yourselves down so I m giving you a chance to rectify that against Chelsea and based on your performance I will pick the Semi Final team. So the same starting XI.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I would call the players in for training tomorrow and say you your performance against Southampton was an absolute disgrace you let the club. the supporters and yourselves down so I m giving you a chance to rectify that against Chelsea and based on your performance I will pick the Semi Final team. So the same starting XI.

Do you think the players think that the Wembley semi-final is more important than the league?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you think the players think that the Wembley semi-final is more important than the league?
Yes I do , most players do not reach the FA Cup final during their careers. They have won promotion and played in the Premier but not a Cup Final. I think they have become complacent and said we have many games to get the 7 points required but 1 chance to get to Wembley exactly the same as the 83 squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here