Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] “Predict the justification for 5% increase in cost of Season Ticket” thread

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
“When I proudly took this role, I said I’d always be upfront with you, the club’s amazing supporters. Now is one such moment. Tony and I have been valiantly facing the challenges of Brexit alone, but now we need your help. Brexit, through loss of freedom of movement would seriously hinder our revolving-door recruitment policy of buying unknown young players, to sell as unknown players. But more importantly, the pound’s devaluation has inflated the cost of the Directors Porsche fleet. It is only right that supporters shoulder some of this burden, so 3% of the season ticket price increase represents a Brexit surcharge. Moving swiftly on, please continue to give your fantastic support to Hope and Chris for the remainder of the campaign. This club is at it strongest when we are #Together.”

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
"We have wasted £30 MILLION POUNDS, THIRTY FECKING MILLION POUNDS, on Locadia and Jahanbakhsh - so we need to get a teeny tiny bit of this back by increasing the season ticket price to you muppets".

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
"There will be a 5% increase in Season Ticket prices because I felt the suggested 70% increase was grossly unfair. I battled hard in the boardroom who reluctantly negotiated down to 65%, but when I told them I had weighed in 392 tons of bottle tops and confiscated flasks for which we received a colossal cheque, we settled on 5%."

2 birds, 1 stone. Result. I'm off to Dubai with the team. :rock:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Didn't the email to say you're going to get an email say that the email was going to be emailed over the weekend?

There's a personal email "in the coming days" if you're a ST holder "as well as a renewal pack in the post"

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
"We have wasted £30 MILLION POUNDS, THIRTY FECKING MILLION POUNDS, on Locadia and Jahanbakhsh - so we need to get a teeny tiny bit of this back by increasing the season ticket price to you muppets".

Penny wise, pound foolish, I think is the expression. Probably a bit harsh but inevitably went through my admittedly cynical mind when I heard of the ST increase.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a personal email "in the coming days" if you're a ST holder "as well as a renewal pack in the post"

Nah, the email that said we were going to get an email said the email would be emailed at the weekend.

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 08.26.16.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
...and you tried to correct me where I said the email said the email would come at the weekend. Email I did say that. Email II - The Sequel didn't arrive at the weekend.

I really wasn't trying to "correct" you - i was just repeating/quoting what the programme had said; (Perhaps should have said "The programme said...")

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We have a waiting list, if you don’t like it you can always feck off

I've said this before to someone else making very much the same point:

I would love to renew. Right now I'm not sure if I can afford it. It's not a matter of liking it.

If I decide not to renew it won't be because I'm outraged at a cost increase I was all too aware was coming, it'll be because that £535 (plus beers & food most home games) would be better spent going towards my mortgage. Or saving some money for my future. Or for the kids I hope to have one day.

EDIT: I think I missed the point of this thread. My bad, apologies.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here