Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion not happy with the council .....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, I'd guess he was speaking off the cuff.

Good job he was only speaking. The council must be in constant fear of receiving electronic communication from Barber.....I doubt their servers are sufficiently sized to cope.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, I see what they mean now. What a piece of crap.

Having gone balls-deep in designing such an iconic, aesthetically pleasing stadium, I'm amazed they came up with such a shabby generic bolt-on shoebox design for the adjacent hotel. It totally spoils the look of the eastern side of the stadium.

It's like plonking a 1970's prefab next to the Taj Mahal.

Shame the club got a bit above themselves and just assumed that crap Nissan Hut design would be a shoo-in. Fingers burned, lessons learned hopefully. That IKEA will be a thing of absolute beauty :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shame the club got a bit above themselves and just assumed that crap Nissan Hut design would be a shoo-in. Fingers burned, lessons learned hopefully. That IKEA will be a thing of absolute beauty :lol:

and a doddle to build

large.jpg

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Cllr Robins said: “I would like to know how to market the city off the back of that (the global audience attracted by Albion) to make it a place where, when the fixtures come out at the beginning of each year, all the opponents look down and think, ‘oh, I’m happy we’re playing Brighton because we can go down there for the weekend and spend our money in the hotels and restaurants?”

who the **** talks like that

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cllr Robins said: “I would like to know how to market the city off the back of that (the global audience attracted by Albion) to make it a place where, when the fixtures come out at the beginning of each year, all the opponents look down and think, ‘oh, I’m happy we’re playing Brighton because we can go down there for the weekend and spend our money in the hotels and restaurants?”

Not the man-in-the-street, but then football doesn’t pander to us anymore.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
That's scarcely the council's doing. Residents were complaining about football parking so the council surveyed people's views: there was an overwhelming vote for parking restrictions. If the council had ignored that demand, they'd have got merry hell for not acting on people's wishes - you can't have a referendum on something and not enact it when you don't like the result,

Then you need to be very careful when going for a referendum and leaving decisions to people who only think short term benefits.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

Arsenal fans?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The best thing the council could do to attract visitors is to empty the bins and clear up the streets.
One thing that I agree with Barber about though is the council practice of charging people to film in the city. It needs coordinating, yes, but every time the city appears on film or tv it is a free advert.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Doesn't need to be in capitol letters either.

And, it's asterisks.

???

The "cough" and "asterisk" debate has reminded me of an Army course I did back in the Seventies. Our tutor was writing on a flip-chart things that we, the class, found irritating. He'd just written "nit picking" when one Smart Alec put his hand up and asked "Shouldn't nit picking be hyphenated?" Classic.:lolol:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That's scarcely the council's doing. Residents were complaining about football parking so the council surveyed people's views: there was an overwhelming vote for parking restrictions. If the council had ignored that demand, they'd have got merry hell for not acting on people's wishes - you can't have a referendum on something and not enact it when you don't like the result,

Really? I wasn't aware......

Mods, can we please have this merged with the Brexit thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here