Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Thread - 2019/2020 Season

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Villa on paper are signing good potential players, albeit always a risk but I like Smith as their Manager and think they'll finish comfortably mid table.

I think Norwich will end up bottom and then a fight between us, Burnley, Sheff Utd and Newcastle (unless they end up spending a lot of money). If Zaha goes then Palace could be in trouble too. My surprise side who could be in trouble is Watford, they had a great season last year with a squad that excelled. Not sure they can do it again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think we will really struggle. I feel that it will be made clear that CH set up the team in a way to earn points and to get us over the line to stay up, which he achieved. GP is inexperienced and I doubt will have the nous to win dirty so to speak. Certainly I have no confidence in AJ, Andone, Locardia to make much of an impression and Murray is a year older.

Inexperienced?? He's been a manager since 2010 and beaten Arsenal at the Emirates :facepalm:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle.

What was their 3 biggest assets last season? Perez, Rondon and their quality manager.

All gone.

Sheff Utd

I won't pick Norwich as I think they are a bit more street wise. Sheff Utd's attacking centre backs may well be their downfall in the prem.

Palace(if they lose Zaha)

Says it all really

Now watch as I get all 3 wrong :lolol:

I reckon Chrissy Wilder will switch it up a bit this year and weirdly fancy him to surprise a few teams. Norwich are too sexy to go down. We are going to be mid table.

I agree with Palace and Toon though, and will throw in Villa just for the **** of it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Villa on paper are signing good potential players, .

Are they really?

They've just spent FIFTY MILLION POUNDS to buy three decent Championship defenders, in Targett, Konza and Mings, not one of whom would get in our starting XI.

Just wasting a shitload of cash without improving their TEAM so far as I've seen.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Are they really?

They've just spent FIFTY MILLION POUNDS to buy three decent Championship defenders, in Targett, Konza and Mings, not one of whom would get in our starting XI.

Just wasting a shitload of cash without improving their TEAM so far as I've seen.

We'll see, I think they'll be fine.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Are they really?

Bournemouth somehow made 17 million on a player that player 15 times for them.....

mad

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are they really?

Agreed. Villa were stuffed full of loans and only went up via the playoffs. They're panic buying and will be in the mix for relegation.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
The youth options are also much better than 1 year ago.

- Connolly, Gyokeres, Alzate etc. - 1 year older, 1 year more experience.

- The additions of Băluţă and Mlakar.

Exciting times are just around the corner.

Do we know which of these players went to Austria with the main squad and which went to Portugal?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do we know which of these players went to Austria with the main squad and which went to Portugal?

All those mentioned - except Băluţă who is having time off after the Euro U21 championship - went with the main squad to Austria, along with Max Sanders and Robert Sanchez.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Unless ones glass is more than overflowing we have to be nailed on for a bottom 3 place. The lack of any meaningful investment in the side & aging Murray won’t keep us up. Regrettably bottom place looks nailed on for us. Still the sun is shining in Sussex today!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'm sure we will be on lots of other fans forum threads similar to this as relegation candidates, we do have a crumb of hope in actually not knowing what to expect in regards to style of play, and have very little knowledge of how good a team we could of been as a more attacking unit so it's pure guesswork from our point of view , i honestly expect Brighton to score far more goals this season but i fear a Blackpool style of play to go with it leaving gaping holes for opposition strikers to dance their way through at will .

Newcastle look like a team ready to drop of the face of the earth unless their delightful owner has a sleeve full of Aces in the last 3 weeks of the transfer window .

Sheffield Utd , will fight and scrap for every point and will be hard to beat at home so i think they may well survive this season .

Norwich to me are this seasons Fulham and will be picked off too many times and will concede bucket loads to the top six , they will go down .

Villa will invest heavily in January if they start poorly and will survive comfortably .

Burnley are one of these clubs that always seem to punch well above their weight , but i think it will be between them Brighton and Southampton for the dreaded drop .

18th One of Burnley - Brighton - Southampton 35 pts
19th Newcastle 33 pts
20th Norwich 30 pts

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The 3 who came up look the most likely to be the ones going back down with maybe Southampton being the other most likely to replace one of them.

Burnley and Palace just have a habit of doing just about enough and Newcastle despite the current situation will end up attracting a decent manager

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The 3 who came up look the most likely to be the ones going back down with maybe Southampton being the other most likely to replace one of them.

Burnley and Palace just have a habit of doing just about enough and Newcastle despite the current situation will end up attracting a decent manager

What Steve Bruce

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Burnley are one of these clubs that always seem to punch well above their weight

Burnley have a habit of doing just about enough

Yes. In one season They made the Europa League.
But outside of that in last 5 years - . its 2 seasons where they've finished just above relegation by a few points and one season where they didn't do just about enough. -relegated with 33 points and that was only a few years ago.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Unless ones glass is more than overflowing we have to be nailed on for a bottom 3 place. The lack of any meaningful investment in the side & aging Murray won’t keep us up. Regrettably bottom place looks nailed on for us. Still the sun is shining in Sussex today!

For you maybe but the bookies are far more generous with their definition of "nailed on" . ie: its not.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sheffield United, Norwich and Newcastle are doing their best to help us out.
That’s the most likely route to survival I feel as i don’t think we’ve improved on what was a desperately thin squad last season.

Ha ! Finishing above 3 clubs is *always* the most likely route to survival !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here