• In

Votes: 286 53.6%
  • Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Looking at this result, from the outside in... whilst pretending to be a neutral... it’s indefensible.

Worst home result in living memory, against the might of Bournemouth.

Yet, Chris wheels out the olde ‘quality opposition’ excuses, they’ve got pace, speed, athleticism etc. Okay... then claims we started well... okay... then, as we went down to 10, well it became about limiting them to only 5 (five) errrrmmm not really good enough... but this is Bournemouth, a good team...

I can’t back him tonight. Today was so bad it almost defies belief, considering the importance of the game and the actual level of the opponents, who we made look like Real Madrid on a good day.

Pathetic.

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
Dressing room lost- players didn't turn up today and have to take blame for today too. We started with more of an attacking side, as people have wanted and didn't look a threat, except for a few minutes in the first half.

But Hughton won't get the dressing room back whether we go down or stay up.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
In but the closest I have come to even thinking about voting out.

I didn't have my glasses on and I thought you said 'in the closet'.

But yes, me too.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ultimately it's down to CH to pick tactics, but the whole blame can't rest solely at his feet. The players have been absolute horseshit for the vast majority of this season. Defensively we look naïve, midfield is bereft of ideas and ends up either sitting too deep or passing backwards, and up front we are so toothless it's embarrassing.
It certainly appears that CH has lost the dressing room, if that's the case then we're going to find it incredibly hard to stay up, but if the (almost) inevitable happens then I truly believe he is one of the best championship managers out there and our bounce back will be relatively quick.
I've supported the Albion through much, much worse times as I'm sure many of you have. I think a little perspective is needed. Maybe a few too many fans have spent too much time playing FIFA on easy and expect way too much from a very average team.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In.

For now, at least.

Before any managerial change happened though, I'd happily lose 4-5 of the players and most of the recruitment team.

The expensive signings haven't delivered and we've relied on the goals of a 35 year old journeyman.

15th last season and a Cup QF.
17th currently and a Cup SF.

Stability and consolidation? Yes, perhaps.
Progress? Little if any.

D

Deleted member 2719

I called this months ago along with a very small number of others on this site. His decisions have been woeful all season and those three lucky 1-0 wins in October have papered over the cracks for a long time. Hughton, I’m afraid, is a total farce of a figure at this level. He has as much of a place in the Premier League as I do in Russian ballet. Get him out before Tuesday and give us a fighting chance.
As much as I dislike Warnock, one thing we know for sure is his team whether it lacks quality or not will be scratching, kicking, biting and getting at us and in our faces on Tuesday.

What can we expect from Hughton's team and his tactics and motivational skills?
Same old Hughton.

We really now have a proper chance of going down and without a fight.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It’s too late in the day to be changing Managers, it would be taken as a panic action which is not TB’s style.

Biggest thing for me is that he has performed miracles in keeping us up last year and probably this year on a budget that is in the bottom 3!
We need some serious investment otherwise nailed on to go down next season, whoever the Manager is.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Really struggled with this as I am generally a loyal person. But think we need fresh thinking and tactics etc.. Cannot hope to go forward with a permanent defence based policy.
From the moment Bmuff/Smug Eddy got promoted I think they have tackled the PL in the right way. They have now notched up four seasons in top flight even with their poor crowds.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What a load of kneejerk tosh by so-called fans of this club...!!!

Can I assume that you have not been to many of the matches this year? if you had, and had to endure the defensive crap that the rest of us have had to, then you would realise that it is hardly knee-jerk. Today was by far the worst performance, but many this season have been poor, and Ch is seemingly unable to stop the slide.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't think an unceremonious and humiliating sacking is what the man deserves after all he's done for the club, but if CH can't change his approach then maybe it's best he moves on.

I'd rather have CH in charge and a team playing a different way please. It's all down to Chris, really...

However, in the days of "player power" - if he's lost the dressing room he's on a hiding to nothing.

D

Deleted member 2719

We were up against one of the worst teams in the division away from home today and one that concedes a lot of goals. Their keeper had one (easy) save to make. Bournemouth recently lost NINE away games in a row. They’ve just beaten us 5-0 on our own pitch. It’s outrageous! If we were a club with a spine rather than an old boys’ club Hughton would be out tonight.

There is almost no doubt in my mind we will lose to Cardiff and quite possibly, as you say, go down without a fight. Cardiff will be ugly but they’ll play with intensity, determination, desire and power. They’ll be far too strong and brave for our half hearted lightweights.

Our only hope is to sack this loser before Tuesday night and benefit from the positive impact it would have on that game to get us the result we need. It is after all now a one game season and nobody who was at the Amex today can possibly think Hughton is the best man to lead this team in that game.

I agree with all you say.

But I can't see him going before Tuesday, unless he grabs Barber and stretches his v neck sweater.

Oh please make this happen, again it won't happen as the spurs connection is to strong.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In.
Obviously.

Crap result in a crap few months but look at his record at this club.

If the unthinkable happens and we are relegated, he is the best person to get us back up.
If we stay up, there needs to be a major overhaul in the summer but the manager is not the first person who should go.

IMO.

Exactly.

Hughton is a good manager, apparently lumbered with poor offensive signings.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
I have voted IN as I cannot think of a manager to replace him and also now is not the time. Perhaps this thread should be bounced at the end of May.

Very much this.

If I hadn’t taken my 9 year old daughter today it would have been a very looong journey back to Gloucestershire. She said don’t worry daddy you still have me.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Oh look where we were. Oh look where we were 15 years ago.

Bollox to that. Time to move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here