Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham gone

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So where do we stand on Wolves spending a King's ransom on new players via a 'Super Agent' on their first season in the Prem?

Money can't buy you success, or something else?

4 of their signings in summer were proven as great players for them. Jota, Boly, Bonatini and Vinagre all played in the championship. So not as much risk. They, unlike some, I am looking at you palace, bought established class players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I see your point, but in fairness - if someone came in and threw us six-figure millions for new players, I'm sure we'd shut up and look the other way...

I think we certainly hold the moral high-ground when it comes to PL spending and wages, which is nice... as long as we stay in the PL.

Saddens me a bit that it's (on the whole) a game of who can spend the most. Makes me more proud of BHAFC that we can stick to a budget and still do well.

I went to Wolves v Brighton exactly two years ago. They were a plodding team, going nowhere fast. A couple of good players, a sign of the buying and ‘borrowing’ to come.

Overnight a limo load of incredibly talented players arrived, then more and more.

I like Wolves and their amazing history, but the “financial doping” as Wenger put it, is probably my main bugbear with modern football. PSG and ManC the biggest cheats.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Wolves great to watch. Play with so much energy and passion. Don't care who they are playing. Got to give them credit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
:wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh dear, how sad, never mind

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I absolutely love this idea that repeatedly signing players from relegated teams is a sure fire recipe for success. Born winners.

It doesn’t mean all 25 players are shite, there are often some gems in there.

Liverpool signed Wijnaldum from relegated Newcastle in 2016, Robertson from relegated Hull in 2017.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Wolves great to watch. Play with so much energy and passion. Don't care who they are playing. Got to give them credit.

Yeah some great players on loan or whatever deal they have going on from Portugal

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It doesn’t mean all 25 players are shite, there are often some gems in there.

Liverpool signed Wijnaldum from relegated Newcastle in 2016, Robertson from relegated Hull in 2017.

So, by that reckoning anyone really 'good' will end up where??? ermmmmm oh yeah Brighton... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Come on Westy... if we pick one or two up, it'll be the Suttner and Schelotto show all over again.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, by that reckoning anyone really 'good' will end up where??? ermmmmm oh yeah Brighton... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Come on Westy... if we pick one or two up, it'll be the Suttner and Schelotto show all over again.

I’d gladly accept Mitrovic and Cairney, but Steve Parish and the Dildo Brothers pay up three times our wages cap. So :cry: and it will be a look around the Dutch league again for us.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Were loose.

No crowing until we are safe. It can go all horribly tits up, the way we are playing currently. We don't do long cup runs very well.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8844982 said:
Pascal Gross

Indeed - yet I fear repeatedly trying to do it will not work. Gross thus far falls into the one season wonder category in any event.

Okay; lets sign players from one of the worst PL teams in recent history. It's sure to be a winning strategy.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Indeed - yet I fear repeatedly trying to do it will not work. Gross thus far falls into the one season wonder category in any event.

Okay; lets sign players from one of the worst PL teams in recent history. It's sure to be a winning strategy.

Another example Shaqiri from Stoke to Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here