Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Top Gear New Hosts

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Rowan Atkinson is a petrol head. A funny man too, but in a much more intelligent kind of way. He would be good for the show I think.

I may be wrong but I’m sure that I read somewhere that when he’s not acting he has a bad stammer so he may not be the best as a presenter. Have you ever seen him interviewed on a talk show? I can’t recall it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I may be wrong but I’m sure that I read somewhere that when he’s not acting he has a bad stammer so he may not be the best as a presenter. Have you ever seen him interviewed on a talk show? I can’t recall it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes on top gear.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
.... The person that came to mind was Chris Tarrant.

"So, which one of the four cars you drove on our Top Grear track was your favourite?....."

"Ooh, I'd say the Mercedes AMG. Power. Control.. etc..."

"Final answer?"

"Wrong show"

"Bugger...."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks for the heads up on McGuiness and Flinthoff, I will carry on reminding myself not to make the mistake of watching it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Starts this Sunday, great shame about Matt Le Blanc he was very good but let's move on, hopefully we see Rory included

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Freddy and Paddy show might be just a bit too manic and northern. They both occupy a similar 'space'; might need a bit more contrast. Each is OK ish on his own - but together?

Like playing Glenn and Tomer up front.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"So, which one of the four cars you drove on our Top Grear track was your favourite?....."

"Ooh, I'd say the Mercedes AMG. Power. Control.. etc..."

"Final answer?"

"Wrong show"

"Bugger...."

Dave Lee Travis deserves a shot.

Sorry, deserves to be shot.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rowan Atkinson is a petrol head. A funny man too, but in a much more intelligent kind of way. He would be good for the show I think.

Rearrange the following words into a sentence: Mouth, sodding, your shut.

Only kidding. He's an actor. He has no actual personality or presenter skills of his own.

For me, Adrian Chiles and Charlotte Church would nail it. Get in the ****ing back seat!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I lost interest when the presenters became more important than the cars. Most stunts are little more than children's TV.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I like Top Gear, old presenters (and on Grand Tour) and recent. I only hope that this doesn't turn out to be just a series of silly stunts. The trailer is not encouraging on that front.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I like Top Gear, old presenters (and on Grand Tour) and recent. I only hope that this doesn't turn out to be just a series of silly stunts. The trailer is not encouraging on that front.

Is there anything more silly than banging your car and doors into someone else’s car every time you meet up? It’s been silly evert since Clarkson, Hammond and May took over (I do for the most part find it watchable though)

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Is there anything more silly than banging your car and doors into someone else’s car every time you meet up? It’s been silly evert since Clarkson, Hammond and May took over (I do for the most part find it watchable though)

There are degrees of silliness. The bumping thing was a bit of a running joke that probably outstayed it's welcome. The last series of Grand Tour was IMO slightly different and enjoyable.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Will give it a go for sure

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
New series starts tonight and these three are very good in my view.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I watched the Christmas Special and the new people were ok all the while they weren’t trying to ape the banter of Clarkson and co. Unfortunately they were a lot of the time.

They need to find their own style. Ideally they’d also introduce things that weren’t there previously, taking it into a slightly different direction.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I watched the Christmas Special and the new people were ok all the while they weren’t trying to ape the banter of Clarkson and co. Unfortunately they were a lot of the time.

They need to find their own style. Ideally they’d also introduce things that weren’t there previously, taking it into a slightly different direction.

It's a difficult act to pull off the one of taking over the hosting of any shows formatt and not constantly being compared to previous hosts and the BBC have not made a very good job of replacing Clarkson et all but I really like this group of characters and yes they ape the banter a bit I guess a lot of it's scripted and hopefully as you said this can edge away from previous presenters styles over time

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, from what I've just seen at half time in Citeh game, there is absolutely no chance I will ever watch again.

Hitting golf balls at a convertible car being driven by someone in a dinosaur costume. What a sad sack of cack and a total insult to anyone's intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here