Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Kinell. I might have to engineer a WFH day and enter this as well at this rate....could be first race for about 4 months, and I bloody HATE anything under 26 miles [emoji15][emoji15]

Recovery going well then. Excellent news. May as well come along for the jog.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Kinell. I might have to engineer a WFH day and enter this as well at this rate....could be first race for about 4 months, and I bloody HATE anything under 26 miles [emoji15][emoji15]

What knocky said. Would be great to see you esp if you can stay for a quick pint. If you can enter a 10K then you're on your way back,which is great news :thumbsup:

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good work from everyone last night. Credit to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] for taking one for the team by running Leg 4. I think we did a decent job overall, it’s a really good format and very enjoyable.

When can we expect any results?

From JogShop Facebook page..
‘It will be on our website and Facebook once Sam has finalised them. Should next couple of days.’

Hurrah for old Skool events none of this new fangled chip time mullarky and instant results!!!!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
From JogShop Facebook page..
‘It will be on our website and Facebook once Sam has finalised them. Should next couple of days.’

Hurrah for old Skool events none of this new fangled chip time mullarky and instant results!!!!

Brilliant and spot on. Have they finished last year's results yet...

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I remember going into the shop the day after last year event. The owner went through all the results and gave leg by leg times for the team. Proper old school shop there and they run some good events.

It’s the same team of people who run the jog shop 20 and the Trailblazer 10k

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good running gents, I sincerely wish I'd been around. Much as I enjoyed the drive to Cardiff and to see Ed Sheeran, I would have preferred to have run in the Weakest Link and I've picked up another injury which is going to hold me back a few weeks.

I took part in the Monster inflatable obstacle course today with my friend, who is a biggish chap. We were nearing the end and getting a bit competitive, there are giant balls in a room type setting and we were kicking them at each other trying to slow the other down. In the scuffle, he ended up falling towards me but I assumed, as had been the case in other parts of the course, that I would bounce off the wall and back into play. Nope - straight out of the course and I landed squarely on my elbow, on an electrical socket. I got a deep cut in my elbow to my bone which required four stitches and a tight wrapping of the joint. I've been ruled out of running for at least the next week whilst the stitches are in. Essentially, I fell off a bouncy castle and have had to have four stitches.

There's blame, so there may well be a claim!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A bout of man flu has ruled me out of the NSC Hove Park meet this morning. Lovely day but I’m restricted to a snotty 30 minute jog at best.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Hove Park Run absentees this morning missed a rare excursion into the wild west from [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION]

Very happy with 21:39 in the heat- best time for over a year on that course.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Hove Park Run absentees this morning missed a rare excursion into the wild west from [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION]

Very happy with 21:39 in the heat- best time for over a year on that course.

Yes, first time at Hove Park for me. Not a stunning performance, but as you say it was hot, so quite happy with 22:18 on a new course (and 73.17% and first in age category, which is all us greybeards care about really).

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well done to the Weakest Link boys.

A Bad Day at the Parkrun Office for me. But first the good news: the course (Yeovil, Montacute) was absolutely stunning. Until that is you started running around it - quite challenging and today VERY hot.

23;38 for me and worse still a calf strain which came on after 12 minutes but didn't stop me (stupidly) form finishing. Followed by a very long car drive was a not great combo. I'm out for a bit - but pleased I didn't do the Weakest Link and feck-up the team performance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a new Park Run time of 19:24, can you update the table please. Danke.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here