Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Warnock tells it like it is

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure if this has been posted already but I remember what a bunch of play acting professional cheats Nott County were when we met them at Wembley in the play off final. Every time we got a bit of momentum going a County player went down injured.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
His teams have a simple philosophy same as Fergie teams did it's called NEVER EVER GIVE UP - play to the max for the full 95 minutes

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20180825-143649.png

Nice hair :eek:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

That is a VERY high hairline.

I fully expect his side to be their usual irritating selves when they come to the Amex. Niggly, time-wasting, unbelievably lightweight for a bunch of 6'8" cloggers, and absolute hoofball merchants.

But also, as usual, they will be extremely difficult to beat. He does a great job with the limited resources he has, that's always been his MO. Give Warnock £100 million to spend on players and he'd still make bids for all the cloggers.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That is a VERY high hairline.

I fully expect his side to be their usual irritating selves when they come to the Amex. Niggly, time-wasting, unbelievably lightweight for a bunch of 6'8" cloggers, and absolute hoofball merchants.

But also, as usual, they will be extremely difficult to beat. He does a great job with the limited resources he has, that's always been his MO. Give Warnock £100 million to spend on players and he'd still make bids for all the cloggers.

It's these cloggers that we have to beat, to ensure our survival.
I'm sure given what we have, can get a result.
NW wasn't that much thought of at QPR, according to my supporting chum.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
For all his faults,you’ve got to admit he is a stain on the beautiful game.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Never used to like him, but I've had to change my opinion over the last couple of years, especially since he went to Cardiff; doing an outstanding job there, plus he just makes me laugh these days with his interviews.

It's worth seeing him on SSN talking about their game being called off at Derby. I loved the bit where he says, "There's no-one here, they're too embarrassed"
Also, "You can't blame them, you wouldn't want to play us at the moment would you?"

Fair play Neil :lol:
Absolutely. From the point when he managed Notts. Co. against us in '91 until a couple of years ago, pantomime villain for me. Probably still a bit of that, but brimming with honesty which you just don't see that often.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't like him, never have. How he was not banned from the game after that Sheff Utd vs West Brom debacle, I'll never know. I'm with [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] in seeing him as the ultimate bad loser.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
It's probably dangerous that he and Sean Dyche are allowed to manage in the same division. I don't know the science but I imagine the localised concentrations of utter bellendery could open up some kind of vortex or black hole when their teams meet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He loves a WAR analogy, does Colin. Always banging on about who he'd want with him "in the trenches".

Its also noticable how his early season happy-go-lucky "just happy to be here" demeanour has gradually slipped, due to Cardiff actually being in with a chance of staying up. I'm sure he expected them to be in Huddersfields position by now, dead and buried. But as they're not, old narky Neil has re-emerged as it turns out each game now actually matters after all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He loves a WAR analogy, does Colin. Always banging on about who he'd want with him "in the trenches".

Its also noticable how his early season happy-go-lucky "just happy to be here" demeanour has gradually slipped, due to Cardiff actually being in with a chance of staying up. I'm sure he expected them to be in Huddersfields position by now, dead and buried. But as they're not, old narky Neil has re-emerged as it turns out each game now actually matters after all.

Results went against him, revealing his true bad-loser personalty. Attacks on officials.

Now waiting for an opposing manager to make the mistake in the moment of celebrating a vital goal, for the excuses merchant to truly explode.

Or, another favourite whine of his over the decades, a top team resting players in another PL game of interest to Wnkr. Then we the get full meltdown.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here