Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma HAS to start on Saturday surely?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Makes Doncaster and Hereford feel like reserve matches.

I was at both those games and would never demean them. However maintaining our Premier League status is bigger in my opinion.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Bigger than dropping into oblivion and potentially not existing at all, or having to be reincarnated as AFC Brighton or something!?

I don’t think we would ever have ‘not existed’ the fan base was too vast and too loyal to ever let that happen.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don’t think we would ever have ‘not existed’ the fan base was too vast and too loyal to ever let that happen.

Mainly because we were a football league club.

Dropping out without a football stadium, no money and a trip to Gillingham every 2 weeks probably would've meant the end. We would have just kept on dropping, especially with the debts we had. Staying up meant everything.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was at both those games and would never demean them. However maintaining our Premier League status is bigger in my opinion.

If we get relegated, we drop into the Championship with a 45m parachute payment. I’d say that dropping into the Vauxhall Conference without a stadium may have had a greater long term effect.

There are 3 relegation spots each season, and we’ll be one of the 11-12 realistic candidates every year. I’d be astounded if the club management don’t have contingency plans.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Bruno and Bernardo need to start on Saturday too - plus Burn in for Duffy

Can't help but think defence had just got used to Button and he should have stayed in team too

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bissouma is everywhere, and enthusiastic, and drives forward. But I'm not sure I've yet seen the pieces of skill and creativity to put him ahead of Gross. For all that Pascal can go missing and be ineffectual at times, he is still the best crosser of the ball, has one of the best eyes to create a chance - like the backheel to set up Murray yesterday. Its the same with Knocky, for all he can be frustrating, he can score goals and create chances. Ultimately thats what football is about.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Then wastes the chance with a wild shot. His day will come but not at the moment to start.

Quite. Not opposed to him starting, as he is very classy, but who does he replace?

Not Stephens as the defence needs some protection, and Bissouma is not disciplined enough.

Would you really drop Propper?
Perhaps Propper for Stephens but is he even disciplined enough shape wise?

That leaves Gross, last seasons PotY and arguably Murray’s best source of supply.

I also feel that Bissouma fades at an hour, so perhaps start for an hour and bring on Gross.

I do feel this is not as obvious as it seems all IMO of course....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If we get relegated, we drop into the Championship with a 45m parachute payment. I’d say that dropping into the Vauxhall Conference without a stadium may have had a greater long term effect.

There are 3 relegation spots each season, and we’ll be one of the 11-12 realistic candidates every year. I’d be astounded if the club management don’t have contingency plans.

Great post...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bruno and Bernardo need to start on Saturday too - plus Burn in for Duffy

Can't help but think defence had just got used to Button and he should have stayed in team too

Button is a disaster waiting to happen, see both FA cup games and West Ham away when he miskicked.

Burn I thought was poor vs Derby and IMO nowhere near as good as Dunk or Duffy, but is good cover.

Bruno and Bernardo - 100% agree.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Firstly You didn’t go to Hereford. And there is no comparison to those games. We would be a reformed club without those 4 points in those two games.

Relegation isn’t the end of the world. Sky will make you believe it is but bring it on. We go down to a highly competitive and far more enjoyable division.

I’d rather stay up but rekegstion is not comparable to our near exit out of the football league.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Not sure. Playing in Gillingham in the Conference would have been a deadly blow. Plus the conference had more stringent rules on ground sharing and their stance was clear we couldn’t ground share with Gillingham. We may well have had to drop further down the football pyramid or challenge through the courts with **** all money.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Bissouma, Andone and Bernardo all must start at the weekend. If Chris can't see that then I really don't know what he is thinking. Biggest mistake (after initially leaving him out) tonight was dropping him back into a 442 midfield when he brought José on as we lost out attacking edge for the final 10.
....... and including the ineffective March... again and again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Bissouma and Propper should be our first-choice central midfield partnership.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here