Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

POSITIVITY TIME - after today we've played four of the current top 5 and still arent in the relegation zone...16 points from the next 10 games and we will feel and look a lot better

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Honestly can't see how Bong is slated for that goal, if he'd swung a leg at the ball with his weaker foot running at pace could have easily shanked it in himself.

Can't argue with his positioning either, straight footrace with Stirling is not going to end well for many fullbacks

Bong gets so much completely undeserved shite on here, and at the AMEX I can't help thinking it's something more sinister than footballing ability.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I don't think we're doing too bad, but I'm now counting how many chins Richard Keys and Andy Gray have between them :shrug:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Propper looks a little lost without Stephens. Not helped by the fact that all three in central midfield have spent their time chasing shadows, we can't get anywhere near City. With that in mind I guess 1-0 isn't so bad...

I hope Ali J and Izquierdo get a run out second half.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Also, if Bong had angled his run more to get closer to Sterling, he would have been slightly further behind him, and still wouldn't have got to the ball. That's not bad play - Sterling is so quick, how do you beat him in a straight run like that?

Run faster?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Propper looks a little lost without Stephens. Not helped by the fact that all three in central midfield have spent their time chasing shadows, we can't get anywhere near City. With that in mind I guess 1-0 isn't so bad...

I hope Ali J and Izquierdo get a run out second half.

Propper has had the fewest touches of anyone on the pitch, your right, he is being completely being bypassed, and frankly offering nothing in this game.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
We are doing well. Everyone giving it 110%, except Locadia who is piss poor and just gogging around aimlessly.

Didn't see how we gave the ball away for the goal because I'm so high up, but fair play to them for actually having a go at getting forward.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Pretty good first half considering the tactics employed by Chris , I can’t quite work Locadia out yet at all , one minute he looks very good then he looks like he’s never seen a football in his life , still a glimmer of hope as they do look a little vulnerable from the diagonal ball , trouble is we need somebody on the end of it , CH must be furious at how we conceded and I expect a fired up AK at the start of the second half , games not done yet Come on lads get in to em .

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Bong is playing because he is the best left back at the club.We are playing Manchester City, possibly the best team in the World. F#ck me.:facepalm:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Pretty good first half considering the tactics employed by Chris , I can’t quite work Locadia out yet at all , one minute he looks very good then he looks like he’s never seen a football in his life , still a glimmer of hope as they do look a little vulnerable from the diagonal ball , trouble is we need somebody on the end of it , CH must be furious at how we conceded and I expect a fired up AK at the start of the second half , games not done yet Come on lads get in to em .

He looks to be in the right places, but bearing in mind this is his chance to shine, I would have thought he would do a bit more pressing and chasing around?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
We are doing well. Everyone giving it 110%, except Locadia who is piss poor and just gogging around aimlessly.

Didn't see how we gave the ball away for the goal because I'm so high up, but fair play to them for actually having a go at getting forward.

To be fair Locadia has had little to go on.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Really.........

Good God man, he is a loan striker, instructed to stay up top, and wait for any scraps and chase lost causes.....

Talk about hanging someone out to dry, leave the fella alone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here