Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I haven't got a scooby who is who. Watched it for the first time last night, it was like turning the book to the last chapter because the rest was missing. :shrug:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
One of my American work colleagues was getting her knickers in a twist about GOT. She said it's written by an American, the TV series is mainly funded by American money yet it has all these British actors - we must be doing something right!

It's partly because Americans don't like American accents in historical or quasi historical settings. In their imaginations everyone who lives in Ye Olde Times speaks with a European (usually British) accent.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hated the Romantic Dragon scene with Jon and Dany, Why they needed to make it cheesy I do not know. Thats one thing that GoT has never been.

Other than that standard opener, left me feeling a bit flat but plenty still to come in 5 weeks.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Never watched it. Is it a bit like Lord of the Rings with graphic violence and lots of gratuitous nudity? Convince me I ought to give it a try.

Try it, you will not be disappointed.

So many good story lines and plots that run through it, even now things link back to Series 1 episode 1...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh and a special effects minute with nothing to do with plot.

There is a loose plot connection in that, historically, it's only those with Targaryen (or at least Valyrian) blood who can ride dragons.

Suggests to me that Daenerys has a least a suspicion about Jon's bloodlines, although probably not the exact nature of the link, and was putting it to the test

Largely gratuitous CGI padding though.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Hated the Romantic Dragon scene with Jon and Dany, Why they needed to make it cheesy I do not know. Thats one thing that GoT has never been.

Other than that standard opener, left me feeling a bit flat but plenty still to come in 5 weeks.

Have to agree here. Drogon had a weird smirk on his face as if to say 'You know she's your sister, right?'

Was the first bit of cheese and unnecessary. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have to agree here. Drogon had a weird smirk on his face as if to say 'You know she's your sister, right?'

Was the first bit of cheese and unnecessary. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
She's his aunt.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think he'll make it to the end. My prediction would be that he sacrifices himself to save Bran at some point, thereby atoning (in his mind at least), for shoving him out of the window at the beginning.

Decent shout - I'm not even saying he makes it to the end, just that I think he will end up a hero somehow.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The CGI was incredible at times in this episode, I know the dragon riding stuff is baloney and irrelvant really but a big part of GOT to me is the spectacular visuals, so I really enjoyed that scene. Other than that, very much as expected... setting the scene ready for the final few episodes, I was mildly surprised we didn’t see the night king at all.

Re: the Jaime Lannister talk, I must say he’s one of if not my favourite characters in the series, I feel like he will probably die in the final season as a hero, he’s been a roguish hero the whole series, so it would be a fitting end for him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Solid episode last night. Bit of intro, most was as anticipated, except ….

Euron getting in there
Bronn’s new task – Will he carry it out? Also the fact that Cersei is now willing to off Jaime
The mention of the Iron Islands or Dragonstone as a fall back option

I’m also slightly intrigued by some absenses. In particular, Mellisandre, who I’m certain still has a roll to play. Possibly also Jakin

I’m thinking, another episode of building some tension, then an absolute bloodbath in ep 3, which I understand to be the longest

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Euron getting in there
Bronn’s new task – Will he carry it out? Also the fact that Cersei is now willing to off Jaime

I’m also slightly intrigued by some absenses. In particular, Mellisandre, who I’m certain still has a roll to play. Possibly also Jakin

I’m thinking, another episode of building some tension, then an absolute bloodbath in ep 3, which I understand to be the longest

We have a battle next week I believe.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Euron getting in there

Series 8 run times
Winterfell – 54 mins
Episode two – 58 mins
Episode three – 82 minutes
Episode four – 78 minutes
Episode five – 79 minutes
Episode six – 79 minutes

I’m not convinced that Bronn’s new task is directly from Cersei, I got the feeling that was Qyburn up to something which is why he wanted him out of the way quickly.

Sophie Turner. That is all.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Kind of found the episode a bit 'meh' to be honest. However thats not going to stop me making a couple of wildly inaccurate speculations about how the series will pan out.

In essence...

The Lannister army will abandon Cersei and follow Jaime. Jaime will die heroically in saving Bran (as mentioned elsewhere).

The Greyjoys army will unite under Yara. Cersei and Euron will be ostracised, or possibly killed.

Danaerys will relinquish her crown to Jon Snow/Aegon Tagaryeon

The armies will all unite under the one true King and good will triumph over evil.:clap::clap::clap:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Series 8 run times
Winterfell – 54 mins
Episode two – 58 mins
Episode six – 79 minutes

I’m not convinced that Bronn’s new task is directly from Cersei, I got the feeling that was Qyburn up to something which is why he wanted him out of the way quickly.

Innit

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Series 8 run times
Winterfell – 54 mins
Episode two – 58 mins
Episode six – 79 minutes

I'll raise you, Emilia Clarke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here