Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team to play Cardiff

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
First thing we need to do is make sure that we don’t get bullied, that team is probably the best to ensure that doesn’t happen except I’d have gone with Kayal over Propper.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’d have gone with Kayal over Propper.

I remember when CH rested Kayal against Cardiff in the Championship. This happened.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35566717

It was then that we all realised how critical Kayal was to that team rather than Stephens.

Even BG is on board with starting Kayal tonight (he’ll, he’s even been praying) so hopefully, the leaked team is slightly wrong.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Deservedly so. Stains and Bmuff repeatedly counter attacked down our right, as Montoya was left 50 yards up field after another inept ‘attacking’ move. The number one duty of any FB is to defend; Montoya doesn’t.

Agreed

Bruno was one of very few positives from the Chelsea game.
The great man's demise has been very much overstated on these pages.

I'd have picked him over Montoya for every one of our recent games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remember when CH rested Kayal against Cardiff in the Championship. This happened.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35566717

It was then that we all realised how critical Kayal was to that team rather than Stephens.

Even BG is on board with starting Kayal tonight (he’ll, he’s even been praying) so hopefully, the leaked team is slightly wrong.

Not exactly true see post 61. I think Propper will come good again with Gross back in the side but if no Gross I would have played Kayal instead of Bissouma who I think has great potential but at times appears to be a liability with his losing the ball and bad decision making.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
[/B]

Not exactly true see post 61. I think Propper will come good again with Gross back in the side but if no Gross I would have played Kayal instead of Bissouma who I think has great potential but at times appears to be a liability with his losing the ball and bad decision making.

Tend to agree. Bissouma is currently better suited to coming on as an impact sub rather than being relied on for 70 - 90 minutes, great potential but too risky for this type of game.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Assuming The Gem's team is correct - and I have had independent verification that it is, we are gambling/banking on Gross being back to full fitness and form.

I personally would go with the exact same team with exception of Izqueirdo instead of Ali J.

Proper nervous about tonight. Given all the predictions of a grim slug fest - I bet it's a goal fest...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Ryan

Bruno Dunk Duffy Bernardo

March Gross Propper Izquierdo

Andone Murray

Subs:

Button
Montoya
Bissouma
Stephens
Jahanbakhsh
Kayal
Locadia

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

Jose
Proper
Bissouma
March

Locadia
Murray

0% chance of that but that’s what i would do, let’s attack a team for once.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan

Bruno Dunk Duffy Bong

March Kyal Stevens Bernardo

Bissouma

Andone

Let's make sure we don't concede with pace up front

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernado

Ali Kayal Stephens Jose

Andone Murray

Take the game to them and play to win convincingly. Cardiff are a relegation level squad we should be positive from the outset.

However expecting a miserable negative 4 5 1.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ryan

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernado

Ali Kayal Stephens Jose

Andone Murray

Take the game to them and play to win convincingly. Cardiff are a relegation level squad we should be positive from the outset.

However expecting a miserable negative 4 5 1.

That would be my choice too with either Ali J or March on the wing. He won't do it though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is this not on TV? I was looking forward to watching it!

Neither side is a top 6 team, so no it's not on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here