Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bognor Regis Town v Brighton & Hove Albion U23 Tonight 19.15 Culver Road

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Eastbourne Boro used to hold the final, Bognors ground would be pretty decent as it arguably has the best pitch outside of the AMEX in sussex.

I went to a final years ago (probably 35!) to see a friend play for Lewes against Albion reserves at the Goldstone. They had a great day out and there was probably a few hundred people in the old West stand cheering them on. Not sure if it was at the Goldstone because Albion were involved or if that was the norm, but the Lewes players thoroughly enjoyed it despite losing.

Eastbourne Boro used to hold the final, Bognors ground would be pretty decent as it arguably has the best pitch outside of the AMEX in sussex.

Surely the Broadfield with all the money Brighton put into the pitch

I am not sure holding a final at a training ground is really going to cut it.

You thinking of Lancing? The Broadfield is a League 2 and FAW Super League ground

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Would you rather play in a packed Small ground with a great atmosphere, or big souless stadium with a few hundred people rattleing around in it?

Without a doubt if both sets of fans attracted 10,000 fans that might be the case but it really isnt and the Amex usually takes away from the day.

Most Sussex Senior Cups at the AMEX have been great atmospheres.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Most Sussex Senior Cups at the AMEX have been great atmospheres.

I have been, they are terrible. Not a patch on IMO anywhere as good as they were when held at the smaller grounds. all a matter of opinion I guess, but I suspect asking most non-leage fans without a loyalty to Brighton they would agree.

However tbf a lot of that comes down to not being able to drink in the view of the pitch and not being able to change ends and stand behind the goal they are attacking.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
What is the beer drinking situation for the final?

Are we allowed to take a beer to our seat like a normal non league game?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Another evening kick off for the final :rolleyes:

Not one clue why this match is not played on a Saturday at 3PM.

Blue18

Mar 16, 2014
The main problem with the under 18s is they have 2 joint managers.
This doesn’t work as one being the ex footballer says what’s happening and the other one just agrees.
It also helps if the parents are friends with said ex pro, nothing to do with form as witnessed on countless occasions.
The team needs development from decent coaches and a clear pathway rather than who’s friends with who !

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This doesn’t work as one being the ex footballer says what’s happening and the other one just agrees.
It also helps if the parents are friends with said ex pro, nothing to do with form as witnessed on countless occasions.
The team needs development from decent coaches and a clear pathway rather than who’s friends with who !

Probably best you delete this mate, It wont be hard to track back to you somehow, you dont want this biting you on the arse.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Sounds like you've had personal experience of this...

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Do you have a son in the team not playing?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Another evening kick off for the final :rolleyes:

Not one clue why this match is not played on a Saturday at 3PM.

Agreed that is a crazy decision and for me that's killed the chance of a good atmosphere then - also numbers will be down for those working /living a fair distance away !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Agreed that is a crazy decision and for me that's killed the chance of a good atmosphere then - also numbers will be down for those working /living a fair distance away !

With both teams not from the Brighton area I think the game should be 3PM on a Saturday.
I'm sure both teams especially Bognor would have a decent turnout of fans for a 3PM KO.

Whoever has made the decision for the evening KO needs to look at previous midweek attendances for this final.
Brighton v Crawley for the last 2 finals didn't even attract 2000 fans for each match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here