Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] South Africa: Poacher killed by elephant then eaten by lions

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Never forget the story i read years ago about 3 rangers out on horseback when the horses became spooked. One reared up and the ranger came off. It will in quite tall grass area. The other two just bolted. The poor ranger was set upon and eaten alive by lions. One of the other rangers was so haunted by it and the screams of help that he commuted suicide.
Sad story. I don't understand why the other ranger would commit suicide though, as he/she couldn't do anything about it.

I guess a case of post combat stress.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
416578.jpg

As an aside, when it comes to Africa and hunting, this is one of the best novels I've ever read. Its epic, and I cannot BELIEVE nobody has written a screenplay for it yet. There's a lion attack in it so graphic I was chewing my FIST as I read it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I do think people seem to be confusing poachers with American 'big game hunters' here. There is a hell of a difference.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
416578.jpg

As an aside, when it comes to Africa and hunting, this is one of the best novels I've ever read. Its epic, and I cannot BELIEVE nobody has written a screenplay for it yet. There's a lion attack in it so graphic I was chewing my FIST as I read it.

READ ALL HIS BOOKS .....hes brilliant...!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's all too easy to blame the poachers though isnt it, like they do it for fun
They arent exactly trophy hunters, nor mostly educated, so an "easy" but dangerous way to put food on the table. Guess it's karma to most. Nothing to do with the state of SA as a whole of course where the problems stem from

There are other jobs. Many just see poaching as a way to make a quick buck

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Would you advocate murdering somebody for their money because they are hungry? No, you wouldn’t so there’s absolutely no justification in poaching endangered species just because your family needs feeding. Find another way. Like other people do. Scum.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It's all too easy to blame the poachers though isnt it, like they do it for fun
They arent exactly trophy hunters, nor mostly educated, so an "easy" but dangerous way to put food on the table. Guess it's karma to most. Nothing to do with the state of SA as a whole of course where the problems stem from

rhino's are poached for their horns which are sent to china or yemen ......it is a yemenese custom for a wealthy male to be given a rhino horn dagger on his 21st birthday or wedding night .....as always the chinese will powder and ingest anything if they think it will make their cock bigger....both facts , not googled .....just dragged out of the darkest , dankest part to the cerebral miasma.....!!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Monday morning...still a bit meh after Saturday............this has cheered me up no end. Thank you. :O

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Would you advocate murdering somebody for their money because they are hungry? No, you wouldn’t so there’s absolutely no justification in poaching endangered species just because your family needs feeding. Find another way. Like other people do. Scum.
I wouldnt advocate murdering someone for their money. neither would I advocate poaching. I probably wouldnt assume someone who poaches is scum either. Kruger isnt exactly full of opportunities, nor is it a small place. You cant pop down the nearest agency and pick up some temp work Education would be a decent starting point , and a welfare system, infrastructure. A big 5 tag team eating people is a cool headline though.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Farming. Fishing. Herding. Working in shops. Working in factories. I mean, any and all kind of jobs exist in every country

that is probably the most clueless statement i have read on this board......there are illegal immigrants in south africa from all over the continent , malawi , zimbabwe , zambia , even the nigerians are involved in the drug racket......to say there are "jobs" for everyone is just utter bollox.......the country is fast defending into total chaos.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I wouldnt advocate murdering someone for their money. neither would I advocate poaching. I probably wouldnt assume someone who poaches is scum either. Kruger isnt exactly full of opportunities, nor is it a small place. You cant pop down the nearest agency and pick up some temp work Education would be a decent starting point , and a welfare system, infrastructure. A big 5 tag team eating people is a cool headline though.

irony is s.a 's major income is from tourism , safari's and big game trophy hunting ......a russian or yank millionaire would probably pay 50 k to shoot a rhino .....not in the kruger though......that is a wildlife sanctuary not a commercial game park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here