Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does anyone want to go down to The Championship?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Assume you are deliberately misunderstanding..
I take issue with those that think that failing to stay up would be the end of the club as we know it and a disaster of epic proportions.
as a football fan, every season, regardless of division, I want to get promotion/avoid relegation.

If we were relegated to the Championship then the cycle would begin again of cheering the team on hoping for promotion.
and so it goes on.

And then hoping we get relegated (as some here appear to wish for) so we can do it all over again, and again, just like the other Albion, West Bromwich.

Just as an aside, in the 26 year history of the Premier League only two teams from outside the perceived Big Boys has actually won the damn thing, and one of those was being bankrolled to achieve the aim, long before the days of the money currently sloshing around!

Get used to being an also ran, but enjoy your days in the sun (Saturday).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We might only be averaging 1 win a month in the Premier League but when they do come along it's certainly more enjoyable because the wins are less expected. Good things come to those who wait. Who wants to win every week anyway?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Time to bring in Kevin Keegan as manager then :)

Ha ha! I think historically we're a top half championship side. to see us establish ourselves in the premiership would be good, obviously. But I don't see it happening as things are. I've no idea what the solution is, and if it's possible for the club to afford one . . . .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It all comes down to consistency, we don't have a single player who is consistent every game and that's the difference.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And then hoping we get relegated (as some here appear to wish for) so we can do it all over again, and again, just like the other Albion, West Bromwich.

Just as an aside, in the 26 year history of the Premier League only two teams from outside the perceived Big Boys has actually won the damn thing, and one of those was being bankrolled to achieve the aim, long before the days of the money currently sloshing around!

Get used to being an also ran, but enjoy your days in the sun (Saturday).

Not Hoping to get relegated. as I have said no fan wishes for that. Some miserablists like to bleat on about it, but even they, deep down want us to stay up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If we were relegated to the Championship then the cycle would begin again of cheering the team on hoping for promotion.
and so it goes on.

Really ? How’s that cycle going for Derby, QPR, Birmingham, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackpool, villa, Swansea, Stoke ? And how are their finances looking ?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not Hoping to get relegated. as I have said no fan wishes for that. Some miserablists like to bleat on about it, but even they, deep down want us to stay up.

Do they, I'm really not so sure! Those that keep bringing up Norwich and Newcastle when talking about Hughton appear to have an axe to grind and would love us to go down so they can blame him for all our future ills...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Really ? How’s that cycle going for Derby, QPR, Birmingham, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackpool, villa, Swansea, Stoke ? And how are their finances looking ?

Your glass is really half full isn't it. One day we will probably get relegated, does that mean it will be down, down and down?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You could argue we’d lose lots [c2-3k] glory hunting hangers on so the noise of dissatisfaction might fade after the initial purge when we’re not ten pints clear after ten games.

This would be welcome so we can get back to having debate around constructive criticism rather than just a whole shitheap of “we’re too negative, it’s shit etc”.

Ha ! It was all sweetness and light as I recall during 2014/15. Constructive criticism everywhere I looked.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Definitely not.

A) We would lose our best players and the heart of our team.

B) Its also a blow for our players that fought on the pitch and the staff who fought behind the scenes by putting in massive amounts of hard work to get us here.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Cheering the team on hoping for promotion.
The club goes on mate. Being a fan goes on regardless of division.

The cycle is a league season, not an endless cycle of promotion to the premier league.
I appreciate you have misunderstood, but Jesus!
Why does it always come down to ****ing WIGAN!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Your glass is really half full isn't it. One day we will probably get relegated, does that mean it will be down, down and down?

Of course not and I’d really hope not. But there’s no guarantees ...and wishing for it - which I think few on here are (unless I’m misunderstanding) - is madness.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't want us to go down.

But by God we are boring to watch. With a few very rare exceptions, it is only the 'occasion' that makes it enjoyable for me... either the venue, the opposition, the 'day out' or the family/friends I go with.

Wouldn't it be great to look forward to the football match too?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Historically we have spent the majority of our existence as a top of level 3 side. We have not done so badly in these two PL seasons, probably finishing in a similar position this time, given the run ins. Sure some of the PL is a total farce and a mismatch and it's exciting being top of the championship, but there are no guarantees and I suggest we hold on to our opportunity at the top table to the last finger nail, as fans as well as players. I've seen us play Rushden, Stockport, Hereford etc ... it's not as fun, honest.
You never know, we might even get better.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If this is us with full blown 2nd season syndrome then next season looks promising if we stay up and can continue to invest well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Cheering the team on hoping for promotion.
The club goes on mate. Being a fan goes on regardless of division.

The cycle is a league season, not an endless cycle of promotion to the premier league.
I appreciate you have misunderstood, but Jesus!
Why does it always come down to ****ing WIGAN!

Of course. And Burnley shows a positive way of responding but it’s rare.
It’s the suggestion that relegation is preferable that I can’t fathom and how highly risky it is to the clubs progress (which is considerable off the pitch)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stay up i say even if this means we have to be pragmatic with the football we play. I don't actually think the football is that bad, not sure what people expect from a team at the bottom of the table.

This

Anyone relaxed about being relegated is being wrong-headed. Of course it won't kill me. Having the Albion playing in the Conference won't kill me. But I bloody don't want it. Football is like life - you strive to be better, have better experiences, do better, have better for yourself, your family and your friends. If you settle for less then you'll get less. And less. Bollocks to that.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I am loving your optimism :)

Thank you.

It’s true though to stay up this year will be massive.

The summer will be even bigger and our season may depend on how the window goes for us.

I’m very much on the slowly slowly catchy monkey train.

We are still setting down our Premier League foundations and anyone who thinks otherwise in my mind is abit of a loon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here