Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - East Stand Upper + West Stand Upper OPEN

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The "Frank Lampard's Derby Cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread

Waiting for 5 tickets in the ESU. Family day out so not my usual WSU.

Suspect the upper tiers will open when the match goes on general sale?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I am surprised twice as many seats available in north as there is in both East and West. Thought this was our singing section. Where have you gone.? Hope you are not coming to East and making a lot of noise.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am surprised twice as many seats available in north as there is in both East and West. Thought this was our singing section. Where have you gone.? Hope you are not coming to East and making a lot of noise.
Judging by how quiet the North was for WBA, most had either gone elsewhere or taken the day off. I am hoping the Derby game will be a little controversial so as to get the crowd going a little.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Afraid that is incorrect. WSU concourse is considerably larger and usually warmer because of the sun on the windows.
Of course it’s bigger, there are far more seats than the east but the layout on the concourse are the same.
You can go on adding differences between the two, toilets are bigger, more kiosks, more gangway entrances but fundamentally the layouts are the same which is what I believe the OP was asking.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As this match is on the first Saturday of half term holiday there is the likelihood of a smaller crowd as families might be away.

Combination of game being on TV, first Saturday of half term holiday and first day of the major Brighton Mainline closure (no trains from Three Bridges to either Brighton or Lewes) might just about provide the perfect storm for attendance figures on this one.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
General sale begins in 90 minutes but there are still over 2600 for sale plus a further 2000 unreleased south stand seats.

A Derby pal of mine reckons they’ve only been given 1900 tickets. That seems odd I would have thought they’d sell 4000+ no problem. Or have we given them 15% of a reduced capacity?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A Derby pal of mine reckons they’ve only been given 1900 tickets. That seems odd I would have thought they’d sell 4000+ no problem. Or have we given them 15% of a reduced capacity?

It’s probably an initial allocation of 1900. I’m sure if they want them they’ll get the full 4500.

Edit: the Derby website says they have an allocation of 1700. I can only think it’s if Derby take 4500 tickets then they have to pay for them regardless of whether they sell them and they aren’t confident of selling them so have taken a smaller allocation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s probably an initial allocation of 1900. I’m sure if they want them they’ll get the full 4500.

Edit: the Derby website says they have an allocation of 1700. I can only think it’s if Derby take 4500 tickets then they have to pay for them regardless of whether they sell them and they aren’t confident of selling them so have taken a smaller allocation.

Think this is correct - certainly been used as an explanation for allocations previously (like when Swansea bolloxed up theirs for their game here last season).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Combination of game being on TV, first Saturday of half term holiday and first day of the major Brighton Mainline closure (no trains from Three Bridges to either Brighton or Lewes) might just about provide the perfect storm for attendance figures on this one.

As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said, its the same date as Coventry last year (and slightly cheaper) and that had 27K .
Transport wise - yes - but There will be buses. and (i think) trains from Lewes to Falmer to Brighton and along south coast.
TV and lunchtime - maybe but its on BT sport not BBC One but all of this will put off some.

Some more factors is the 10 days to sell tickets, less time raise awareness that its happening , and the cost, for some, of having 4 home games in a row.
Also Derby (probably) unlikely to take their full allocation - (i think) Coventry did.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said, its the same date as Coventry last year (and slightly cheaper) and that had 27K .
Transport wise - yes - but There will be buses. and (i think) trains from Lewes to Falmer to Brighton and along south coast.
TV and lunchtime - maybe but its on BT sport not BBC One but all of this will put off some.

Some more factors is the 10 days to sell tickets, less time raise awareness that its happening , and the cost, for some, of having 4 home games in a row.
Also Derby (probably) unlikely to take their full allocation - (i think) Coventry did.[/QUOTE]

Coventry most definitely did....more than WBA ..they must have had over 4k

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here