Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

burger stalls

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noticed that after the one near the station was closed down by the council another one has opened a few yards away and despite everybody saying that planning permission does not allow it we had a drinks stall set up on the walk from the station to The Amex yesterday, How long before the hot dog and burger stalls with hopefully chips appear there?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did you not see the hot dog stall by the programme booth on the walk up to the stadium from the station

Yes but they were only doing similar deals to the concourses. I am talking of proper normal stalls like those around Readings ground selling just burgers, hot dogs or chips not in combination deals.

When this has been suggested in the past it has always been said that our stadium licence does not permit any stalls at all on that walk way.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I never understand why some people simply have to eat at a football match, they are neigh on always played at exactly the time I do not eat.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I hope that we do not have outside stalls,because it dilutes the club atmosphere in the stadium,before the match. I do hope the club can built another Bar,in the stadium for us the fans.I like the idea of meeting places for fans before/after a match.

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
I could not agree more with this and many others have said the same! I had the privalige of going to a Hamburg game last year, the turnstiles were at the entrance to the complex you could walk where ever you chose within. Live bands were playing stalls for All manor of eats and drinks, it truly felt a good experience! I think we missed a trick with our planning of the stadium!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Good to see a few burger/hot dog stalls. Part of the day for many. If you go out for the day anywhere, it normally involves eating out.
If you get to the ground early, breakfast seems hours ago. A few pints and some food is great.
I suppose if you arrive ten minutes before a game and leave early then perhaps food is not needed......tea/dinner at home by sixish eh.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I never understand why some people simply have to eat at a football match, they are neigh on always played at exactly the time I do not eat.

Perhaps they want to financially help the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that this is one area that PB has failed with, the catering, as generally the standard and choice in comparison to the price does not represent VFM and to quote a well used phrase us designed for the prawn sandwich brigade not the vast majority of fans.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think that this is one area that PB has failed with, the catering, as generally the standard and choice in comparison to the price does not represent VFM and to quote a well used phrase us designed for the prawn sandwich brigade not the vast majority of fans.

The pies are expensive.......at the last home match before yesterday, i gave my son a tenner to get a pie...no change.....and yesterday i gave him twenty pounds to get a pie.....no change again...............a 100% mark up in a fortnight!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The pies are expensive.......at the last home match before yesterday, i gave my son a tenner to get a pie...no change.....and yesterday i gave him twenty pounds to get a pie.....no change again...............a 100% mark up in a fortnight!!!!!

Does that post actually have any meaning?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I hope that we do not have outside stalls,because it dilutes the club atmosphere in the stadium,before the match. I do hope the club can built another Bar,in the stadium for us the fans.I like the idea of meeting places for fans before/after a match.

I am sure I read somewhere that the club were looking into the idea of an outside bar area ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here